Konapaniolo

Such Poor Quality

OK, so I purchased a new head knife from an online retailer for C.S.Osborne.  Literally the first chance to try it out, while stropping the handle came off in my hand.    Contacted the retailer and no warranty.  30 days is all.  Yes, I have had the knife for 8 months but never even took it out of the wrapper.  My bad I guess for really not doing a complete inspection.  Just wanted to inform members to look at what the are buying and inspect.   Do not want anyone to spend money on inferior products.   I am sure I can fix it, yet.   I am sure the steel is quality,  I have a lot of other tools from Osborne and never have had a problem.

IMG_0849.jpg

Edited by Konapaniolo
Needed to get rid of phone numbers that showed up in image.

My suggestion would be to inform C.S. Osborne.  The seller may have a 30 day warranty or return policy but I'm sure the maker wants to make it right with the end users.  I'd let them know anyway because if you don't how are they going to know.  Perhaps this isn't the only one that had this happen.  I've worked for manufacturers and the last thing we want to hear is that the customer has had this issue multiple times.  Well then why didn't they contact us the first time?

I did.  Let's see what they say.   I'll keep all updated.

I'am sure there was someone on here from the Osborne company a little while back??? He might show up again??

Yeah, but will he say anything?  LOL!   It's ok,  just information for the members.  Thanks all....

UPDATE:  CS Osborne emailed me and they were willing to pick up the knife for evaluation, at their expense.  It was such a small repair that I just did it myself.   Was nice to see a company that large would still be open and contact me.  Kudos to them.   I will still use and buy their tools.  Just because of one problem doesn't make the product bad.  

In my opinion, CS Osborne tool quality has gone WAY down over the last few years.  I won't buy anything of theirs anymore.  The best tools for the money, IMO, are the Weaver Master Craft Tools.  Check them out.  Very good quality at a fair price.

Tom

Thanks, I will....