kellyblues

First W&C order. And now....the wait

If it's nothing fancy, it won't be long.  My last order I had them split a side and it took 8 days from order to sitting at my door.  

7 hours ago, chiefjason said:

If it's nothing fancy, it won't be long.  My last order I had them split a side and it took 8 days from order to sitting at my door.  

Well to date all I've used is the cheapest stuff I could find at Tandy so I'm looking forward to getting this. 

44 minutes ago, kellyblues said:

Well to date all I've used is the cheapest stuff I could find at Tandy so I'm looking forward to getting this. 

Then you are in for a treat.  Be advised, this is the lightest colored veg tan I have ever seen.  I guess the process is different.  It's a very light cream color if you ordered the veg tan.  It surprised me when I got my first side.  

9 hours ago, chiefjason said:

Then you are in for a treat.  Be advised, this is the lightest colored veg tan I have ever seen.  I guess the process is different.  It's a very light cream color if you ordered the veg tan.  It surprised me when I got my first side.  

I've made lots of good stuff with good ole Tandy leather. I have a project that I really want to nail, really make it pop. So I called W &C and got some samples. I had a hoot with those pieces. The workability alone blew me away. I noticed how light the veg tan is, and that's what I ordered. Looks like it will dye well. 

Got my leather yesterday! It's nice stuff. The split is very even. The fibers on the back side are really tight. And boy is it dry... and it takes dye really well and even. I will be locking myself inside all weekend now. Haha

2 hours ago, kellyblues said:

Got my leather yesterday! It's nice stuff.

MOST of the W/C leather I've purchased has been quite good.  The split is always what I asked for and the back needs no treatment at all.

On 9/14/2019 at 10:02 PM, kellyblues said:

I've made lots of good stuff with good ole Tandy leather.

But, good to hear somebody admit this, too.. I've done some (I think) really nice projects with leather from Tandy.

congrats.

share the pics 

I've yet to try W&C but it's on my list of stuff to try. I don't hate Tandy leather but for the money you can get far less bug bitten, tighter grained veg tan from HO or Horween, etc. I admit too though, I kind of like the charm of some of the bug bitten stuff. It's the fuzzy back loose grain flesh side crap I can't stand. And every once in a while Tandy will act like that is normal, which pisses me off. It may be normal for them but it ain't normal for me or my projects. That is basically my only issue with Tandy's leather.

Iv'e bought 6 or so sides from W and C this year- harness and bridle. Very nice, different then HO but I like it :)