jukiROOKIE92

casters for work table

I recently bought a used JUKI sewing machine (my first industrial) that came on a table with a k-leg frame.  I'd like to buy casters for it to make the whole thing easier to move around the house.  If anyone here has installed casters on this type of table I'd like to ask for any tips and advice on how to do it. Thanx.

k leg table.jpg

Hi; J

I've done this to several of my machine tables.  The leg tabs are not very study so I use  a 1x4 strip of 3/4" plywood and fastened them to the tabs with bolts, I extend the plywood about 1-2 inches beyond the tabs then install  casters with brakes  and two without.  This raises the work surface about 3" but for me does not create a problem.  I can now move machines around with little effort.

Good Luck.  Leo

On 9/14/2019 at 7:08 PM, Greenwood said:

Hi; J

I've done this to several of my machine tables.  The leg tabs are not very study so I use  a 1x4 strip of 3/4" plywood and fastened them to the tabs with bolts, I extend the plywood about 1-2 inches beyond the tabs then install  casters with brakes  and two without.  This raises the work surface about 3" but for me does not create a problem.  I can now move machines around with little effort.

Good Luck.  Leo

I just did pretty much this exact same thing, and on the exact table that the OP has posted a picture of. My Juki1541 sits atop it. Only difference is that I had a few 1X4's sitting around so I just used them instead of cutting up some plywood.