toxo

Glue spreader?

Where to buy those flat plastic glue spreaders guys? They look like flat thin paint brushes. They appear to give much greater control when applying glue.

Old credit cards, shop loyalty cards..cut up to make smaller sizes if required.

https://www.amazon.com/DCT-Sticks-Plastic-Spreader-Applicator/dp/B07D4PPH1S/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=glue+spreader&qid=1568686333&s=gateway&sr=8-5

These are the ones I use. They work pretty good and I haven't met a glue that won't peel off when dry.

They appear to have bristles which seem to make the difference. Check this out at 48:41

I gave up on any of the traditional glue spreaders used in leathercraft when I discovered how brilliant oil painting palette knives are: they're like a small, flexible trowel: you can get very precise or very wide application. And they're easy to clean.

I second the palette knives. You can get them in several different sizes and shapes, as well as in plastic or metal. I find it's easier to peel dried glue off the plastic ones though.

Ryoby power tools, has a silicone combo glue spreader with brush on other end.  brush. Found one at a garage sale. Home Depot Stores. Silicone has be come the non stick item for cooking. 

I usually just use a scrap piece of leather to spread glue since i usually have it laying within reach of a project.  

The TS boy glue bottles I use have a little brush that sits in the glue. I put them in a jar of solvent overnight to keep them clean. They also slow the escape of solvents into my workspace. https://www.algeos.com/ts-boy.html

If you mean the little glue spreaders like kids use for "art" projects I expect you get them at Wilko, Amazon, Rymans, anywhere that sugar paper and glitter glue are sold.

I bought a bag of 1" paint brushes, there must be 20 or 30 in the bag.  I only paid a couple bucks, I have started using the water based contact cement and rubber cement so the brushes can be washed out a time or two then tossed. I also have some of the plastic paintbrush looking sticks I picked up a Tandy, they are good for small areas but get tedious on large areas like lining a holster.

Todd

Those black foam brushes. Squeeze them in the store to find the ones with plastic reinforcements attached to the end of the handle. Pull off the foam, trim reinforcement to suit the application and spread the joy. 

Recently I purchased an assorted pack of Bondo brand flexible spreaders. The glue doesn't seem to stick to them and the material is able to be cut to width. They work pretty well and cleanup nicely.

You can make your own by cutting up old ice cream boxes, not tried it but heard others who have mention them