Gliden07

Howdy from Western MA

Hi all just started to make sheaths for my knives. I was making Kydex sheaths but some of the Hunters I make really deserve a nice leather sheath. Well one thing led to another and I started to make belts too. I plan on making Gun belts also. I have no clue what I'm doing but seem to enjoy it!! Obviously I hope to learn from the people on here. This is the 4th sheath I've made and I am starting to finally figure out the stiching. Which was horribly wonky on the last 3 sheaths I've made. I have also made a couple of belts. Everything I've done so far has been simple and utilitarian. I am really enjoying this little adventure so far. Let  me know if I'm headed in the right direction with this. Thanks!!

IMG_20190917_091231_603.jpg

Welcome to the addic... forum. :-) And your sheath compliments the knife very well - bevelled edges (burnishing go well?), straight stitching (looks if you figured that out - what does the back looks like?) nice colouring. That's a really beautiful knife too!

8 hours ago, Riem said:

Welcome to the addic... forum. :-) And your sheath compliments the knife very well - bevelled edges (burnishing go well?), straight stitching (looks if you figured that out - what does the back looks like?) nice colouring. That's a really beautiful knife too!

Thank you for compliment on the knife I appreciate it. I'm going to try and load a couple more pics of Burnish  and Back. The stiching on the back went a tad wonky in 1 spot but all in all my best to date.

20190918_075053-1209x1612.jpg

20190918_075146-1209x1612.jpg

Excellent burnishing there. And "wonky" stitching on the back is so normal it's part of the tradition... @YinTx here on the board calls them spirit stitches and I think it shows your stitching muse is visiting. :-)

welcome thats nice work ! 

Thanks you guys!! I appreciate the nice comments. Like I said hope to learn from everyone on here and improve my projects. 

Welcome to the forum.

On 9/23/2019 at 5:37 PM, AwlShucks said:

Welcome to the forum.

Thank you!!