Michael222

Long Wallet

1974107837_.png.2227f958b82b7b4e45d9f34a4ce1300b.png
I want to make the wallet in the picture. I plan to sell it for about $ 86 including shipping. I am looking for real leather in black or brown 3 - 5 oz thick And measured 12 "x 36" and cost about $ 43. Here is the page from which I bought the pattern https://www.weaverleathersupply.com/long-wallet. And I'm also looking for a scrap of leather from ebay that will resemble the wallet's leather and at the cheapest cost for review and tests before I sew this wallet.

A bit of 100% unsolicited advice? Try making some exactly the way you plan to sell them. It takes most folks a while to get to the level of quality seen in that picture and there is probably around 8-10 hrs worth labor and $20-$30 worth of materials, if you know what you are doing. From a business standpoint, that puts you in the red. 

By all means, give it a go, but know that $86 for a quality long wallet is almost China cheap. I won't even waste the time to click on China cheap stuff.

Beware of eBay leather. Some is good, a lot is sold by people who can't even tell you what animal it came off of, let alone adequately describe tannage, etc. You are better off sourcing it from a leather dealer.

Please post pics when you finish it.

Damn it. I didn't even recognize it before I stepped in it...

21 hours ago, battlemunky said:

A bit of 100% unsolicited advice? Try making some exactly the way you plan to sell them. It takes most folks a while to get to the level of quality seen in that picture and there is probably around 8-10 hrs worth labor and $20-$30 worth of materials, if you know what you are doing. From a business standpoint, that puts you in the red. 

By all means, give it a go, but know that $86 for a quality long wallet is almost China cheap. I won't even waste the time to click on China cheap stuff.

Beware of eBay leather. Some is good, a lot is sold by people who can't even tell you what animal it came off of, let alone adequately describe tannage, etc. You are better off sourcing it from a leather dealer.

Please post pics when you finish it.

I decided to buy quality leather from here: https://www.artisanleather.co.uk/15-17mm-black-vegetable-tanned-leather-30-x-60cm-size.html
The leather cost 56 pound And that's enough leather to make one purse, and then I plan to sell it for $ 114 including shipping and I'll make a nice profit.
Now I only have to buy a scrap of leather and would interested to get help on this Topic...Yes, sure, i post pics when i finish it.

Edited by Michael222

On 9/23/2019 at 3:42 PM, Michael222 said:

I don't need help for ther scrap leather . It's simpler than I thought. Thanks to the commenters.

Edited by Michael222