Hello! I'm new to making bags as I started only a couple of months ago, having been working only wallets for the past 4 years. My dad had a reel to reel player and while on a visit, the idea for a bag resembling one popped into my mind. So here it is :)

thumb DSC_0307.jpg

thumb DSC_0314.jpg

thumb DSC_0321.jpg

thumb DSC_0304.jpg

That is crazeee nice

Very unique idea and excellent craftsmanship. Your reel to reel bag  is a big step up from wallets..I especially like the contrasting leather colors. :thumbsup:

If that isn't the most clever bag I'll see today, I don't know what it'll be. That is not only cool, it looks super well made too.

How fun. That will garner some attention.

Imaginative & well put together, a really nice bag, a good size too

I appreciate all your nice comments a lot ☺️.

Oooooh..is that cute or what !..Yep..That is cute..looks like an Akai..Extremely well done there..Great work :)

11 minutes ago, mikesc said:

Oooooh..is that cute or what !..Yep..That is cute..looks like an Akai..Extremely well done there..Great work :)

Thanks! His is a Grundig actually but I stylized it a bit :D

23 minutes ago, mariuspirvu said:

Thanks! His is a Grundig actually but I stylized it a bit :D

Looked like a Kashtan to me...lol...but then again,  it's been 25 years since I've seen one . Nice bag regardless !!!

Edited by LeatherLegion

AH..it was the brown that made me think that, I had a few Akais in the brown wood finish cabinets..( but they had "toggle levers" where you have made round dials )..and some Revox's and Sony's..Grundig reel to reel I never had, don't think there were many in the UK at that time..except maybe at the BBC..

I had a look at your site ( from your watermarks in the photos ) , beautiful work :)

The camera case looks "adult" :)

Superb designs all of them, extremely good use of contrast stitching and shape..Do you make items fro sale or just for promoting the patterns ?..I'd think you'd have plenty of buyers ( at whatever you asked for the price , for the finished items ) if you can get some media exposure..fashion magazine sites, celebrity use etc.

Oh ..and excellent photography.. :)

Edited by mikesc

28 minutes ago, mikesc said:

AH..it was the brown that made me think that, I had a few Akais in the brown wood finish cabinets..( but they had "toggle levers" where you have made round dials )..and some Revox's and Sony's..Grundig reel to reel I never had, don't think there were many in the UK at that time..except maybe at the BBC..

I had a look at your site ( from your watermarks in the photos ) , beautiful work :)

The camera case looks "adult" :)

Superb designs all of them, extremely good use of contrast stitching and shape..Do you make items fro sale or just for promoting the patterns ?..I'd think you'd have plenty of buyers ( at whatever you asked for the price , for the finished items ) if you can get some media exposure..fashion magazine sites, celebrity use etc.

Oh ..and excellent photography.. :)

Thank you, I really appreciate your nice words! I don't have the time for commissions even though I couldn't avoid two orders for the tote bag. I was to vain and made the imprudence to post it on my wallets page and two ladies jumped me lol. As for making patterns, a friend actually got me into this and I took it as a challenge. He since then dropped out and I caught the taste for it. I would be very grateful and content if people would sell what they make using these patterns although that remains to be seen I guess. Sorry you had to distinguish the website from the watermark but I don't know the rules of the community and I wouldn't want to look like I'm spamming so I didn't post a link to it. 

It was not a problem for me to distinguish the site from the watermarks on the photos..I was pleasantly surprised that someone who did such excellent work had thought to water mark their photos subtly..another nice professional touch ..won't entirely stop people from using your photos..but it helps..
Re "spamming" ?
I certainly would not consider it spamming if you were to put a link to your site in a "sig file" that would accompany each of your posts..many people do just that..It is not my site ( it is Johanna's ) I certainly do not pretend to speak for "The LeatherLady", if she were not happy with a link to your site in your "sig" I have no doubt she would tell you..

I think excellence should be encouraged..I can post a link to your site https://www.leatherhubpatterns.com/ for those who have not yet read your watermark..

28 minutes ago, mikesc said:

It was not a problem for me to distinguish the site from the watermarks on the photos..I was pleasantly surprised that someone who did such excellent work had thought to water mark their photos subtly..another nice professional touch ..won't entirely stop people from using your photos..but it helps..
Re "spamming" ?
I certainly would not consider it spamming if you were to put a link to your site in a "sig file" that would accompany each of your posts..many people do just that..It is not my site ( it is Johanna's ) I certainly do not pretend to speak for "The LeatherLady", if she were not happy with a link to your site in your "sig" I have no doubt she would tell you..

I think excellence should be encouraged..I can post a link to your site https://www.leatherhubpatterns.com/ for those who have not yet read your watermark..

I really appreciate your well disposition and help sir. I come with a bad experience from Reddit where I thought I’d be helping by posting and mentioning my shop with their predefined ‘Pattern’ flair. After about two tedious hours of politely arguing with the mods who seemed absolutely unreasonable, I ended up with a ban. I mainly post on Facebook where group admins encourage self promoting and I naively thought that every community moderators would act in the same manner. I’m very glad to find that people here are welcoming and supporting.

This is killer work and what a clever idea! I really dig it.

Saw the PDF pattern for this for sale on Etsy!

Karina

Edited by veedub3

You have great skill and imagination sir. Well done.

15 minutes ago, mariuspirvu said:

I really appreciate your well disposition and help sir. I come with a bad experience from Reddit where I thought I’d be helping by posting and mentioning my shop with their predefined ‘Pattern’ flair. After about two tedious hours of politely arguing with the mods who seemed absolutely unreasonable, I ended up with a ban. I mainly post on Facebook where group admins encourage self promoting and I naively thought that every community moderators would act in the same manner. I’m very glad to find that people here are welcoming and supporting.

if not for your watermark, i would have never known where to buy the pattern. I see nothing wrong here myself.

Reddit, ha..the place where links to stolen nude pics of female movie stars and "deepfakes" and the software to make them can stay up for days or weeks, until the lawyers and the police decide to get involved, and yet they won't allow you to link to your own leatherwork site, They have now gone so far up their own ******** that they couldn't find their way out with even with the aid of a Platoon of Marines and the searchlight that calls Batman to Gotham.

I think good old fashioned jealousy of your talent and imagination might be influencing them there...just a brontosaurus's smidgen..

1 hour ago, Sturme said:

if not for your watermark, i would have never known where to buy the pattern. I see nothing wrong here myself.

Thank you for the purchase sir! I think I might have recognized you from your location :). If you have any trouble with the pattern please don't spare me any questions.

19 minutes ago, mikesc said:

Reddit, ha..the place where links to stolen nude pics of female movie stars and "deepfakes" and the software to make them can stay up for days or weeks, until the lawyers and the police decide to get involved, and yet they won't allow you to link to your own leatherwork site, They have now gone so far up their own ******** that they couldn't find their way out with even with the aid of a Platoon of Marines and the searchlight that calls Batman to Gotham.

I think good old fashioned jealousy of your talent and imagination might be influencing them there...just a brontosaurus's smidgen..

It's a shame really because the community is made of people who just want to learn and connect. A lot of people looking for patterns and they won't allow a link because the pattern actually costs some petty cash. It is also expected of you to describe your pattern in a comment. It could work for bracelets and coin purses but not for 20+ page patterns.

Maybe the people who are "looking" will "search" and "look" here or on your site..Get someone to create an account there ( don't use your IP ) and link to here in a comment..."looking for leatherwork advice and help, try this place, "link" " Their loss, leatherworker.net's gain :)

Only just seen this thread and must say I admire your skills in making the bag and also your lateral thinking to come out with such a novel design, I can see you having a great design lifetime ahead as few can have the ability to come out with something entirely original like you

10 hours ago, mikesc said:

Maybe the people who are "looking" will "search" and "look" here or on your site..Get someone to create an account there ( don't use your IP ) and link to here in a comment..."looking for leatherwork advice and help, try this place, "link" " Their loss, leatherworker.net's gain :)

That's a very good advice I will be sure to follow.

4 hours ago, chrisash said:

Only just seen this thread and must say I admire your skills in making the bag and also your lateral thinking to come out with such a novel design, I can see you having a great design lifetime ahead as few can have the ability to come out with something entirely original like you

Thank you very much sir!