dreamsicle23

Adjusting walking foot height

Hi all.  I tried Google for an answer but I think I'm not searching the right terms.  This is the only place I know of where there's a group who regularly use industrial walking foot machines.  I'm wondering if it's possible, and if so - how, to make the outer foot lift higher when it takes it's "step".  I don't necessarily want to reduce the pressure, and I don't want it to be higher when it's in the down position, but right now it gets hung up if I go over a thick seam and I get a wonky couple stitches.  My machine is a 111 clone, if that matters.  Thanks in advance!

and what clone is it? Please post some pictures.

Hung on the raised material I guess , right? Usually there is a cam on the backside where you can adjust the foot height.

See attached, this is what you are asking about.  Singer 111W155 uses a worm gear.

Timing the preser lifting eccentric.pdf

I´m not 100% sure but do the 111 clones have the singer type "Foot Lift Eccentric" on the top shaft as well? AFAIK the clones have the slide cam (right word?) just as the Pfaff 145 / Adler 67. Or am I on the wrong track?

Like this?

563 foot adjustment.jpg

EDIT:

The manual came from Keystone Sewing:

Juki_LU-563_Instruction_Keyfooter.pdf

Edited by Constabulary

C  you are right.  Should have the slide cam to make walking foot height easier.

glenn