Frederick

Dixon 6” splitter blade wanted

Hi folks,

I live in the uk and own a 5” and 6” (this refers to the actual cutting widths) Dixon bench splitter both of which are in very good condition. My 5” blade is razor sharp however I need a replacement blade for the 6” splitter either a new/old stock or a blade made to suit. My intention is to sell the 5”splitter but only if I can get a blade for the 6”. Any help or ideas on how I can get a blade would be most welcome.

thanks

John

Maybe give Pilgrim a try.  They shipped a wicked sharp replacement blade for my American crank splitter at a very reasonable price. 

http://www.pilgrimshoemachine.com/

If not then perhaps talk to a local machine shop. 

Good luck!

On 9/27/2019 at 12:18 PM, Frederick said:

Hi folks,

I live in the uk and own a 5” and 6” (this refers to the actual cutting widths) Dixon bench splitter both of which are in very good condition. My 5” blade is razor sharp however I need a replacement blade for the 6” splitter either a new/old stock or a blade made to suit. My intention is to sell the 5”splitter but only if I can get a blade for the 6”. Any help or ideas on how I can get a blade would be most welcome.

thanks

John

Just read this post as am a new member here,   I'm a long term harness maker in the UK,   did you manage to source a blade for your 6 inch splitter.  

Try Dave Budd, saw him at Torm last year and kept his card (www.davebudd.com). UK based and the knives looked useful.

I have a complete 8 in if you were interested