aaronthearcher

HideGear English Bridle Leather briefcase

Just recently finished and shipped this bag out to it's new owner to be used and enjoyed.  Happy to hear any thoughts.

It's W&C dark brown English bridle leather 8-9 ounce, gussets I split down on my old dixon splitter (I really want a bell skiver, it will be my next purchase) It's all hand cut and saddle stitched with dyed burnished and waxed edges, solid brass hardware from Buckleguy.com (love them), leather I ordered from the Hide House in Napa, their customer service is awesome and they're close to me so shipping is super fast.  Solid copper rivets.  Leather wrapped aluminum reinforcement bar under flap.

Not in the pictures is a small luggage strap that goes from the top d-rings around a slide out carry on handle for traveling.

My work can also be seen on instagram or facebook as HideGear

Detail Album

KennethBag.jpg

I think you should rethink a Bell skiver if you are intending to skive purse etc. gussets

Ferg

45 minutes ago, Ferg said:

I think you should rethink a Bell skiver if you are intending to skive purse etc. gussets

Ferg

Can you explain your position on this?  Why is a bell skiver not good for skiving gussets?

Good looking bag @aaronthearcher!

WOW! I think it's awesome !

where do you get the laser engraving done ? it looks really great !

19 hours ago, MarkCdub said:

Can you explain your position on this?  Why is a bell skiver not good for skiving gussets?

Bell Skiver won't skive more that 1 3/4" and maybe 2". Most gussets are wider than that, with some exceptions of course.

You can run them through again by turning the leather around, it doesn't work well very often.

Lot of money when you would be better off getting a skiver that is intended for your use.

Ferg

Edited by Ferg

8 hours ago, Ferg said:

Bell Skiver won't skive more that 1 3/4" and maybe 2". Most gussets are wider than that, with some exceptions of course.

You can run them through again by turning the leather around, it doesn't work well very often.

Lot of money when you would be better off getting a skiver that is intended for your use.

Ferg

Gotcha. It’s just the edges I want to skive anyway. So a bell skiver would be perfect. A crank splitter would be next after that. Just to thin the gussets over all. But skiver would be useful for so much. 

10 hours ago, Stompk said:

WOW! I think it's awesome !

where do you get the laser engraving done ? it looks really great !

Local awards and trophy shop. It was a little pricy $45 but client wanted it and paid for it. It does turn out really nice. Bring sample leather to your local sho to let them test on

On 9/28/2019 at 8:19 PM, battlemunky said:

Good looking bag @aaronthearcher!

Thanks so much

Looks great!!