Frodo

Found a new stamp tool

You might have a few of these in your tool box.

I tapped a hole saw bit into the leather and a mountain appeared with grass in front of it. 

20190929_155209.jpg

great idea! I make many of my stamps and leather working tools that's half the fun.

Edited by chuck123wapati
added comment

I like it! Years ago, a guy on this forum, made a holster with sort of a "granite" looking texture to it. I really liked it. He had pressed the leather into a sidewalk IIRC.

Tried it myself, but I couldn't get the same look. Didn't have the right type of sidewalk, I guess.

One time, I embossed some leather using a piece of canvas, to give it the look of fabric. My technique wasn't perfect but it worked to some degree. I will be trying this technique again.

nick

On 10/1/2019 at 11:15 AM, wizard of tragacanth said:

I like it! Years ago, a guy on this forum, made a holster with sort of a "granite" looking texture to it. I really liked it. He had pressed the leather into a sidewalk IIRC.

Tried it myself, but I couldn't get the same look. Didn't have the right type of sidewalk, I guess.

One time, I embossed some leather using a piece of canvas, to give it the look of fabric. My technique wasn't perfect but it worked to some degree. I will be trying this technique again.

nick

a cheap $ 5.00 hammer with cross hatch design on the handle

Dragon scales,  or gator hide.  

[yeah,  i'm weird']

cheap.png

20191002_110122.jpg

Frodo, you are not weird at all... you are imaginative and creative. That is a nice effect and I think that it fits your style, quite well, actually.

nick

Frodo,  Thanks for sharing this tool idea.

I was looking at a set of screw driver heads today and your idea came to mind.

Some of the heads in that set could pass for stars or suns and might be combined with others.