Manuel55

Ritza 44 0.4 mm brown any suppliers?

Hey, 

I have been researching now for quite a while and it seems that Ritza 44 in 0.4 mm is only available in 3 colours through resellers white, black and yellow.

I am looking for a brown colour (colonial tan to be precise), but it seems that this colour is only available directly from julius Koch.

They are asking for quite a minimum order, so I am a bit hesitant, especially as I don't know yet exactly, how the thread will work on the machine.

Does anybody have an idea, where to source it?
Or in the other way around, anybody tried ritza 44 on a machine, and discovered, that it causes too many problems, and therefore dropped the idea of using it?

Thanks already for answering.

Have you tried Abbey England? That's where I get all my Tiger thread from.

8 minutes ago, Rockoboy said:

Have you tried Abbey England? That's where I get all my Tiger thread from.

They only supply two colours for the Ritza 44.

I called them and they told me, that they would supply any other colour, due to the high minimum order quantity and the low demand.

Just for the record, 

it seems, that julius koch stopped the production of this thread. 
Minimum oder quantity is 100.000 m

This is unfortunate, as Ritza 44 seemed to be the only braided thread such thin (0.4 mm)

Have you looked at Vinymo MBT #8?

Nigel Armitage did a review of their thread and (if I recall correctly) mentioned he was considering it specifically because Ritza was discontinuing their .4 thread.  

Edited by mdv99

On 10/3/2019 at 2:00 AM, mdv99 said:

Have you looked at Vinymo MBT #8?

Nigel Armitage did a review of their thread and (if I recall correctly) mentioned he was considering it specifically because Ritza was discontinuing their .4 thread.  

Hey, yes I just saw your reply, I ordered it a while ago and waiting for the delivery, as its being hold by spanish customs :blink:

Hope to test it out soon, it looks good on pictures, but still not near anything like a nice braided cord

You can look at Ivan leather. They have 0,4-0,6-0,8 thick thread. You can look too on Artisan leather, they are supplier of Ivan Leather. 

Sorry this is late, but I've got a practically unused 1km spool of 0.4mm in colour 21 that I'd be willing to part with.

I sews quite nicely in my machine, but I don't tend to use it. Primarily because it's on a spool and I'm set up for cones, so it can be irritating in comparison to my bonded poly on cones.

It also doesn't match the ritza 25 colour 21 (it's quite a bit lighter.) Which is irritating.

Hi, What machines are you sewing the ritza thread on??

0.4 Braided??

Edited by jimi

2 hours ago, jimi said:

Hi, What machines are you sewing the ritza thread on??

0.4 Braided??

Yes ritza 44.

Used on a singer 45k and in the past I think I've used it on an Adler 205.

It's quite slick, so I found you need the tensions set quite high for the machine to get enough grip, but it's not hard to get it working nicely.

It's very consistent, so goes through very smoothly.

Edited by William Bloke

6 hours ago, William Bloke said:

Yes ritza 44.

Used on a singer 45k and in the past I think I've used it on an Adler 205.

It's quite slick, so I found you need the tensions set quite high for the machine to get enough grip, but it's not hard to get it working nicely.

It's very consistent, so goes through very smoothly.

Thanks for the info william, jimi.