I'm relatively new to leather craft. Here's a couple of bags I've made.

IMG_6649.JPG

IMG_6523.JPG

Very nice. Love the briefcase 

Is that the Dieselpunk Motoko1? Looks very similar if not.  I just bought the packet of the 3 Motoko bags and have to make the computer bag for a friend's father-in-law. You executed that well.

On 10/4/2019 at 9:31 AM, battlemunky said:

Is that the Dieselpunk Motoko1? Looks very similar if not.  I just bought the packet of the 3 Motoko bags and have to make the computer bag for a friend's father-in-law. You executed that well.

Yes it is. I have the 3 Motoko bags patterns. I have yet to make the other two. Thanks for the kind words. I modified it a bit. I made a whiskey flask and eye glass holder out of moulded leather.

On 10/4/2019 at 7:37 AM, kiwican said:

Very nice. Love the briefcase 

Thanks.

"Relatively new to leathercraft"?  I've been doing leather work on and off for over 40 years and I'd be proud of those.  Nice job.

On 10/4/2019 at 11:53 AM, zelix said:

I'm relatively new to leather craft. Here's a couple of bags I've made.

IMG_6649.JPG

IMG_6523.JPG

Well done zelix.

My first was the Motoko3. Like the mod to the handle. I see you didn't go with the lozenge. If I were picky about the design, I don't like just one rivet on the strap which is holding the whole weight of the bag. (easily remedied) and the handle. Otherwise I love all three of the Motokos.

Good job on the tote also, did you just glue the lining?

10 hours ago, Sofaspud said:

"Relatively new to leathercraft"?  I've been doing leather work on and off for over 40 years and I'd be proud of those.  Nice job.

Dieselpunks designs are relatively foolproof spud and he's a nice guy that always helps his fans when needed. He's got a great facebook page (and I hate facebook. won't go there for anything else). He's just issued a free pattern to his fans to celebrate 40,000 downloads. Two of my daughters wanted one. The lighter coloured one is not finished yet. These two bring my tally of projects to four. As you can see, more practice needed but they are usable.

Note that on the darker one I put the front on the outside which gives a rounder design (but a nightmare to sew) with two JJ#2 needles and 1.2 thread going through a 1.5 hole). On the lighter one I put the front to the back which gives a different look and much easier to sew.

54174594_2019Dieselpunk013.JPG.e286fdbbf25758f7d0ba06b91d1ba605.JPG

994735453_2019Dieselpunk020.thumb.JPG.ba16f1a00205a97b5d516f9f8ab4c799.JPG

2017684287_2019Dieselpunk022.JPG.d9a458b13f621f3cf08b28e8e029ead1.JPG

855629620_2019Dieselpunk024.JPG.c89f6e070ff4409fb0eee1e0bac3be41.JPG

Edited by toxo

Those look really good.  I will check out dieselpunk.

On 10/8/2019 at 10:10 PM, Sofaspud said:

Thanks for the  kind words.

Yes. I've only been at since last February. I did put together a kit in middle school decades ago. I've been reading and watching tons of tutorials.