Just finished up this holster for a police officer I know.  The design may look familiar (thank you JLS!).  I used Fiebings saddle tan with Fiebings show brown on the edges.  Finished off with Satin Sheen and then a final coat of carnuba wax. 

Interesting story on that pattern;  I have made a 42 Holster before using JLS`s terrific pattern, but I could not find that pattern in my files anywhere.  JLS took the free downloads off his website, so l had resigned myself to drawing a new pattern myself.  Then I found a pattern for a Glock 19 that had printed too small.  Took some measurements, and the shrunken 19 pattern was a perfect fit!  Had to adjust for length, but what a time saver  - not to mention JLS tried and true patterns are better than mine.

20191008_195731-1224x1632.jpg

9 hours ago, Sofaspud said:

Just finished up this holster for a police officer I know.  The design may look familiar (thank you JLS!).  I used Fiebings saddle tan with Fiebings show brown on the edges.  Finished off with Satin Sheen and then a final coat of carnuba wax. 

Interesting story on that pattern;  I have made a 42 Holster before using JLS`s terrific pattern, but I could not find that pattern in my files anywhere.  JLS took the free downloads off his website, so l had resigned myself to drawing a new pattern myself.  Then I found a pattern for a Glock 19 that had printed too small.  Took some measurements, and the shrunken 19 pattern was a perfect fit!  Had to adjust for length, but what a time saver  - not to mention JLS tried and true patterns are better than mine.

You covered a lot of ground with that post.

Fiebing's saddle tan dye still works. 

• I don't know what happened, but a few years back, I got a bottle of saddle tan that left a really weird residue. Smelled different too.  Thought maybe it was old, or something.  Well, I didn't think that, but I really like that color so I tried to think it was a fluke.  Tossed it, replaced it, but next bottle was the same.  Weird results.  Didn't matter which piece of leather I was using.  SO I stopped using it for a good while.  Looks like safe to go back in the water ;)

JLS patterns.

• Part of why I took those down was people using those but expecting me to store them.  I mean, I've downloaded stuff, then needed to go download it again.  But when the same IP address is downloading the same pattern a dozen times.. guy is just cloggin' up my bandwidth 'pipes'.  Seriously - it's free - just save it to your drive :o 
  • Glocks is like that frequently.  Apparently, swappin' out the tooling retards production.  So they made a lot of parts very similar one model to the next (like, chop the end off a G17 and you got the G19).   The 'plus' side is that you get to do the same thing with the PATTERN you make.  How many times have I told people if you already bought the G17 pattern, save your money and don't buy the G19 pattern -- just cut about 7/16" off the loud end and yer good :dunno:
  • Doesn't say great things about all those people who "love to help others" (so the story goes).  Maybe you didn't ask anybody, but surely SOMEBODY saved that G42 basic pattern and coulda shared it with ya.  Sadly, I find many people so terrified the next guy might get a break that they basically try not to actually share anything.  Fair enough - guy isn't obligated to help the next fella - but it certainly makes it more public when "that guy" (who is not just one guy) then makes a video or a "how to" or a .pdf "to help others" but still doesn't include much (if any) actual useful information. :ranting2:

All that said, pm me an email address and I'll send ya something.  

2 hours ago, JLSleather said:

You covered a lot of ground with that post.

Fiebing's saddle tan dye still works. 

• I don't know what happened, but a few years back, I got a bottle of saddle tan that left a really weird residue. Smelled different too.  Thought maybe it was old, or something.  Well, I didn't think that, but I really like that color so I tried to think it was a fluke.  Tossed it, replaced it, but next bottle was the same.  Weird results.  Didn't matter which piece of leather I was using.  SO I stopped using it for a good while.  Looks like safe to go back in the water ;)

JLS patterns.

• Part of why I took those down was people using those but expecting me to store them.  I mean, I've downloaded stuff, then needed to go download it again.  But when the same IP address is downloading the same pattern a dozen times.. guy is just cloggin' up my bandwidth 'pipes'.  Seriously - it's free - just save it to your drive :o 
  • Glocks is like that frequently.  Apparently, swappin' out the tooling retards production.  So they made a lot of parts very similar one model to the next (like, chop the end off a G17 and you got the G19).   The 'plus' side is that you get to do the same thing with the PATTERN you make.  How many times have I told people if you already bought the G17 pattern, save your money and don't buy the G19 pattern -- just cut about 7/16" off the loud end and yer good :dunno:
  • Doesn't say great things about all those people who "love to help others" (so the story goes).  Maybe you didn't ask anybody, but surely SOMEBODY saved that G42 basic pattern and coulda shared it with ya.  Sadly, I find many people so terrified the next guy might get a break that they basically try not to actually share anything.  Fair enough - guy isn't obligated to help the next fella - but it certainly makes it more public when "that guy" (who is not just one guy) then makes a video or a "how to" or a .pdf "to help others" but still doesn't include much (if any) actual useful information. :ranting2:

All that said, pm me an email address and I'll send ya something.  

PM sent.

First off let me say how much I appreciate the patterns you posted.  I have used them several times and have been very happy with the results.  I totally understand why you took them down.  I did not ask anyone else if they could share a copy with me because I  feel if you aren't sharing them any more I would respect that and just go to Plan B.

As far as downloading it, I did.  Saved it to my tablet.  Unfortunately my tablet lost a fight with the inner workings of my recliner,  and I did not save them to any other drives.  (There's a lesson in there).  I know that somewhere in my shop I have a template I saved, but organization is not my strong suit.

In summation: thank you for sharing your patterns. That was a very generous gift that many of us on this network have benefitted from.

11 minutes ago, Sofaspud said:

Unfortunately my tablet lost a fight with the inner workings of my recliner,  and I did not save them to any other drives.  (There's a lesson in there). 

Yup, been there.  Fire way back when teach a guy QUICK... keep a copy off the premises.  Some of the early days just gone forever.

You know Sofaspud I printed every free Holster pattern Jls had on his site . Now I'm no computer expert but if a fella were to reach out to me by private message and he wasn't a @&& hat I would probably scan the pattern and send it so him. Just as one of the members has helped me more time than he knows .  And he has never once judged or tried to sell a agenda. 

28 minutes ago, wayner said:

And he has never once...tried to sell a agenda. 

Wait.. WHAT?@!  If I had some agendas, they'd sho nuff be fer sale! :o

I've said it  before, but FOR THE RECORD ---

if you boys n gals got one them patterns used to display on our site, and the next guy needs one, DO SHARE IT. 

If you GOT one and ya DONT share it, PLEASE let us know here so we know who to snub when YOU want something ;)

2 hours ago, wayner said:

You know Sofaspud I printed every free Holster pattern Jls had on his site . Now I'm no computer expert but if a fella were to reach out to me by private message and he wasn't a @&& hat I would probably scan the pattern and send it so him. Just as one of the members has helped me more time than he knows .  And he has never once judged or tried to sell a agenda. 

I appreciate that Wayner.  I might have to send you a pm soon.

15 hours ago, Sofaspud said:

I appreciate that Wayner.  I might have to send you a pm soon.

I also have most of the JLS patterns stored and don't mind passing them along as long as Jeff doesn't mind us doing so (which he doesn't)...lol

On 10/10/2019 at 5:19 AM, koreric75 said:

as long as Jeff doesn't mind us doing so (which he doesn't)

Mind? Nah.  I insist. 

I assume a fella won't help the next fella don't want no help his own self.  [Some who sucked info from this site freely, then went and made their own site where they only share info for pay or other compensation, might have figured out by now why I have nothing for them]