fighttobreathe

Who is your favorite hardware supplier at the moment?

I’ve ordered one offs online, bought from Tandy, Hobby Lobby, private sellers on Etsy, but I’m looking to branch out! Anyone have any suggestions? 

I don't really have an answer for you. I mostly use Tandy. However, I am curious as to what you are looking for and I think that it would help others, help you, if you were more specific. 

Are you looking for more variety, better quality... what?

nick

Buckleguy is where I end up getting most of my hardware. They usually have pretty good stuff. Shipping is usually a bit steeper than I like to pay.

I've been buying from Buckleguy ... They are a little more expensive than some others, but the big thing that I like is that their hardware is matched.  If you buy antique brass snaps, they will be a very close match with antique brass buckles, etc.   That can be a huge factor when making something with a variety of hardware in it.   With some other vendors, they source from different suppliers and things do not necessarily match up well - at least not without a lot of research.

- Bill

Depending on what it is, I order things from Weaver Leather. Especially when they have sales. 

i get hardware form  https://www.strapworks.com/default.asp?sscid=a1k3_chaqi

and my leather from  slc leather .com

buckles from e bay or amazon.

hey arashikage

the meaning of life is procreate and family

philosophy of life is  a smile on a dog

dealing with stress. is a simple matter of mind over matter, if you don't mind,it don't matter

Thank you, everyone!

@wizard of tragacanth, I'm not looking for anything specific, I've purchased from Tandy, Buckleguy, etc. and was just putting this out there to see if anyone had any shops they'd like to promote or recommend. I'm always looking for new suppliers, ma and pa shops, or independent artists to support!

fighttobreathe... I see where you're coming from. There can be some hidden gems out there.

nick

Edited by wizard of tragacanth

This answered my questions. My specific hardware item are button studs. I'm looking for the type used in European and American military leather items from times past. Magazine pouches and leather bayonet sheaths. All Tandy has are screw post type. Buckle guy has the type with the anvil but they are huge and the finishes are too blingy. Looking for the type that have the burr where you can also cut down the length of the post with a Dremel if needed. There are some sellers on eBay from Ukraine and Czech Republic that have steel and aluminum but you just can't buy a couple and they don't supply the burr.  

studs.jpg

Thanks Gary. Looks like they have many useful items!

You could also check out Ohio Travel Bag