Does anyone have any tips for getting really tight/ uniform flower centers using a very small seeder? I've had OK luck with it but I see some other craftsman absolutely killing it on this. Is this an actual one hit style of stamp or is it a series of multiple hits on a "one seed" style seeder. How do you get the layout so uniform especially in such a small space as a flower center? Start in the center and work your way out or vice versa? Any tips or tricks are much appreciated.

There are many different one-hit flower centers. Here are some examples from Tandy:  https://www.tandyleather.ca/en/eflyer/craftool-stamps-fullpage

Edit: go to page 2 to see them!

Edited by Sheilajeanne

I gotcha- I have a few Tandy tools but haven't been extremely impressed by the quality of the impression the leave. I attached an image of a little more of what I am going for!

Thanks again!

Flo Cen.pdf

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 10:43 PM, NWBicketLeatherCollc said:

I attached an image of a little more of what I am going for!

That is pretty smooth! Are you sure its not a single stamp made to look like a flower centre?

NW, yeah, have to confess, I've had a hard time getting a good impression from some of the Tandy flower center stamps! I've been tempted to use a REAL hammer to hit them with, but that might damage the stamp!

Anyway, was just showing those of examples of what's out there. And I think that center you showed may be a stamp. How wide across is it?

Edited by Sheilajeanne

Looking back, the first image I posted probably is just a stamp- here is another image, I believe off of a Don King fender... I don't think this one is a stamp but more a cluster of individual seeder imprints done with extreme patience and craft... what do you think? I have been messing around with this sort of technique and found that doing it with a heavier (say 48 oz) maul and starting from the center and working outward has seemed to make a similar impression. Also, not swivel cutting the flower center border makes for a more natural look......IMO?! I don't think this is a stamp simply because of the shape and how perfect the fit is- I think it has to be single hits?!

Give this a look and see if you have a better way of doing it! I just think it looks super professional and very clean. Thanks for the responses!

DK Flow Cent.docx

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 11:14 PM, NWBicketLeatherCollc said:

I just think it looks super professional and very clean.

I do believe you are correct. The flower centre indicated, appears that each dot is individually stamped. Also the other flower centres appear to be slightly imperfect, which is exactly how nature would be, so that's still OK.