JLSleather

Who got the [other] stuff?

Looking for WHITE LEATHER BUCKSTITCH LACE.  COW OR KANGA... either works. But no mylar (which is for balloons) or plastic (which is for bafoons).  

NOT a test.. see if you can NOT reply if you DON"T know ;)

Oh, yeah -- and if'n ya know who has QUALITY 5/32" chisels, that would be good ta know.  Could be a finder's fee ...

Edited by JLSleather

If they have it, they don't list it.  But thanks anyway :cheers:

Nope, not there. Narrowin' it down, though.. we know where it AINT ;)

Oh, I see makers supply (or something like that) has a set of 4mm chisels (which is 5/32", or so close nobody cares) but $60 for the set, which seem extreme to me.  I'm gonna pass for that price, but I mention it here in case somebody else wants to know.

Oops.. it's Makers Leather Supply.  Knew it was something like that.

Edited by JLSleather

8 hours ago, SaintJoy18 said:

http://y-knotlace.com/white-lace

Multiple widths available in the drop down menu.

Yup - but, not 5/32" :huh:  

Must be my age showing - used to be everybody carried this stuff.  Guess a guy could get something WIDER, then cut it down and bevel the edges (WHY is lace not beveled any more?@!) but that seems to almost defeat the purpose of buying lace.  Some new enough they've never used beveled-edge lace probably won't understand.

On 10/19/2019 at 3:59 PM, Sturme said:

or beck leather

Beck Leather

I ordered lace and chisel from these folk.  Never heard of em before.  They don't have a printed catalog, and their web site is almost painful to use, so I called.  Seemed polite as could be (one guy, who then put me on to one gal).  But they don't HAVE lace, might take a week to "get it in" (whatever that means), and I couldn't tell from their pic if the chisels are straight or angled... so they're going to get me the angled (again, not sure what 'get" means).

So... not inspiring worlds of confidence at this point.  But, y'all know me.. I'm SO fair that most people can't stand it.  If you treated me right, I'll absolutely tell people about you.  Other hand, if I didn't get what you said I was getting, I'll tell people that too.

I have neither the time or the patience to order something... wait for it... find out it's not what i was led to believe it was ... send it back... order again...... Nope.  Send me something other than what I thought I was getting, you won't have to worry about doing it again.

JLSleather,  do you know a welder that has a mig machine?

some stainless steel nails welded onto a piece of stainless for a handle and you have a quality chisel 

you might want to use a 14 or 16 gauge nail

gauge_nail.png

I use leathercordusa.com for my Buckstitching  lace.  It is 4mm but from a quarter mile away on a fast running horse you can't tell the difference between 4mm and 5/32.  I'm sure they will send you a sample if you are so inclined

well, even standin' still the difference between 4mm and 5/32 aint but bout half a sliver , so yah.

Got any pics where ya used it?

On 11/28/2019 at 6:32 AM, JLSleather said:

I ordered lace and chisel from these folk.  Never heard of em before.  They don't have a printed catalog, and their web site is almost painful to use, so I called.  Seemed polite as could be (one guy, who then put me on to one gal).  But they don't HAVE lace, might take a week to "get it in" (whatever that means), and I couldn't tell from their pic if the chisels are straight or angled... so they're going to get me the angled (again, not sure what 'get" means).

So... not inspiring worlds of confidence at this point.  But, y'all know me.. I'm SO fair that most people can't stand it.  If you treated me right, I'll absolutely tell people about you.  Other hand, if I didn't get what you said I was getting, I'll tell people that too.

I have neither the time or the patience to order something... wait for it... find out it's not what i was led to believe it was ... send it back... order again...... Nope.  Send me something other than what I thought I was getting, you won't have to worry about doing it again.

Okay... so over 2 weeks, and no word on this.  Card not charged, items not shipped.... did I just WASTE time AGAIN?@!