Sign in to follow this  
Acox

Kangaroo Hide

I've not bought any Kangaroo hide for at least 10 years, so needing suggestions on who's the best seller now a days. ?? Making mostly necklaces & bracelets but I also made a pair of Hobbles with rawhide slides.  With me being down with a knee replacement gone bad with infection I've been out of work so decided to keep busy would try and get some braiding done :) I've had 9 surgeries since 4-18-19, been on a IV antibiotic every day for 4 months, and IV that I gave to myself 3 times a day every day for 2 months, 11 blood transfusions and right now I don't have a knee, I only have a straight spacer in between my knee bones to hold them apart in hopes of getting a new replacement put in On Nov 18th. Wish me luck and until then to keep myself busy and from going insane trying to learn the art of braiding. :)   

WIN_20191015_13_49_42_Pro.jpg

The only Gal I know of that sells lace is @Knotty Linda

Send her a note she should be able to help you :)

try hardtke leather company.  in march drum stuffed was $13 prr sqft.  for drum stuffed.  dont have phone number with me but they are on facebook.

Edited by roo4u
spelling

Hardtke in Texas for hides  email peter.hardtke@icloud.com  Drumstuffed is best 

Did you ever get Roo hides or lace?  Where do you get your hardware from for your braiding?

Acox,

I have been braiding whips since 1978, apprenticed with David Morgan for 9 years.  I am buying my leather from Hardtke Leather and I just bought 20 hides from them 2 weeks ago.  The quality was very good, and I got them in a week.  For whipmaking I buy a certain tannage of kangaroo leather, drum stuffed, ask Peter Hardtke which is best for your work  Their web page is www.hardtkeleather.com.  Packer Leather is considered the best tanner of kangaroo hides in the world!  I worked with Peter Hardtke one of the owners, email is peter.hardtke@icloud.com.     Good luck with your knee replacement!!  I have a few hips and an ankle replacement myself.