Hi there, 

i have recently got got my hands on a singer class 7-5 with no information on it and Only part of the manual. 

I have managed to get it running and sewing but the bottom thread appears too tight in the stitches and I cannot find a tension screw on or around the bobbin casing to loosen it? Could anyone advise on this ? 

Machine works beautifully otherwise  

Thanks in advance 

If you have a similar hook then it looks like this. The tension screw usually is held in place by a set screw so you have to loosen the set screw first (if your hook has a set screw).

Class 7 Hook tension screw.jpg

Edited by Constabulary

Thanks for your reply, 

The bobbin casing is very similar as the one you posted but there’s neither of those screw points on it

i will I’ll try and get a photo of it this afternoon, it’s sure got me baffled 

I wonder if your bobbin is original. my singer 7 is as Constabulary shows. I assume you have already tried increasing the top thread tension. As a general rule you usually don't adjust the bobbin tension until you can't adjust from the top anymore.

I’m starting to wonder as well - I know it has had a bit of restoration work done to it. 

I have tried adjusting the top thread tension, but this is still the problem I’m facing with my stitching on the underside of my leather 

2A7C2D23-F745-4A7B-924C-6E974707F36A.jpeg