toxo

Dieselpunks "Weekender"

Hi guys. just started on the Weekender, the patterns come with two sizes a big one and an identical smaller one. I'll see how the first one turns out before deciding to do the two. Here's the bag.

Weekender.thumb.jpeg.a48f45eea908bff3089992a1246b9cb2.jpeg

I wanted a soft version and I had to have this when I was in JTs the other day,

415252328_Crocleather002.thumb.JPG.922b2a69e000e8720cde0535e0343804.JPG

It's ony 1.5mm so will have to reinforce where necessary. Haven't decided on thread colour yet. Wish me luck.

Edited by toxo

51 minutes ago, HeatherAthebyne said:

Good luck! I'm about to embark on a build of that one myself.

You know what they say Heather! You must have a great mind also. What colour/leather? I have one concern. The straps that take the weight are relying on the one rivet at the top of the strap I would have preferred a keeper there so the weight is held by the bottom. (Might even do that but maybe on the next one)

I've got some dark brown Badalassi Carlo Minerva for the exterior and lightweight caramel-colored calf for the interior. It'll be an everyday purse for me (in the smaller size). I haven't got so far as to start to think about straps, but I agree that it may be good to consider an alteration there. I'll see how I feel about it closer to that point in the process.

I might not make any significant progress on it until after Christmas, depending on how a separate non-trivial gift project goes.

I'll have to make it up as I go. Never made anything as thin as 1.5mm before. Obviously I'll have to beef up the straps and the base but I want it to squash down so I'll play it by ear as regards a lining.