Sign in to follow this  
DebSweet

Attention gearheads! Singer 15-91 for parts or restoration

Attention gearheads into old Singer sewing machines.

I know that most of you are into old industrials, but on the off chance someone is into an old domestic as a winter project to sew bag or wallet linings, here's one:

I have a 1940 Singer 15-91 (potted motor) for parts or restoration. 

I got it to make bags.  I never made it that far.  The previous owner, as it turns out, put oil where it didn't belong and didn't tell me, so when I ran it for the first time, the wires leading to the motor failed.

It's my understanding that this can be fixed, but the sewing machine hospital closest to me doesn't know how to fix it, and I lost interest in playing with it, as I discovered an industrial that will do what I was aiming to do in the first place.

The parts are all there.  I still have the presser feet, etc. that it came with. 

$20 bucks to take this thing off of my hands in Chesapeake Va.  It's worth it just for the pretty parts and the presser feet. 

If you're interested and want pictures, PM me with your email address and we'll go from there, as the picture thing here on the site doesn't want to play nicely with me today . :(