Hello! This is my latest work for which you can get the pattern here.

thumb DSC_0946-1.jpg

thumb DSC_0901.jpg

thumb DSC_0907.jpg

thumb DSC_0913.jpg

Wow! Love the functional, yet unique design! Love the contrasting stitching! Your stitching is very nice and straight and even.

Beautifully done!

One question: where is the shoulder strap? You have D-rings for it on the bag, but don't show it in the photos.

Would like to see it!

Edited by Sheilajeanne

Nice design, about 2 days to late for me!

just got a pattern from dieselpunk!

i too love the contrast stitching

9 hours ago, Sheilajeanne said:

Wow! Love the functional, yet unique design! Love the contrasting stitching! Your stitching is very nice and straight and even.

Beautifully done!

One question: where is the shoulder strap? You have D-rings for it on the bag, but don't show it in the photos.

Would like to see it!

Thank you! The shoulder strap is optional and it is not included in the pattern. The bag I made for myself and I don't carry it on my shoulder as the laptop is too heavy and I find it uncomfortable.

5 hours ago, HaloJones said:

Nice design, about 2 days to late for me!

just got a pattern from dieselpunk!

i too love the contrast stitching

Thank you! Perhaps next time :)

On 10/27/2019 at 11:05 PM, mariuspirvu said:

Thank you! The shoulder strap is optional and it is not included in the pattern. The bag I made for myself and I don't carry it on my shoulder as the laptop is too heavy and I find it uncomfortable.

Thank you! Perhaps next time :)

So it is next time & I am looking at this pattern, I was wondering how the closing system has held up? It could just be me but from what I see it’s just the straps pushed through loops? Which I would of thought would not have any strength?

was thinking a adding a Sam brown stud to the Center strap

but Am I  missing something?

Also what size laptop does it hold?

thanks 

12 hours ago, HaloJones said:

So it is next time & I am looking at this pattern, I was wondering how the closing system has held up? It could just be me but from what I see it’s just the straps pushed through loops? Which I would of thought would not have any strength?

thanks 

These form of closures can be quite successful but if you want to go a step further you can do as I have done on some jobs previously add in a metal strip into the leather loop as shown below. Not the same but is a similar idea. This is just a prototype one I never progressed on with.

1_resize.JPG

29_resize.jpg

57_resize.jpg

58_resize.jpg

51_resize.JPG

4 hours ago, RockyAussie said:

These form of closures can be quite successful but if you want to go a step further you can do as I have done on some jobs previously add in a metal strip into the leather loop as shown below. Not the same but is a similar idea. This is just a prototype one I never progressed on with.

1_resize.JPG

29_resize.jpg

57_resize.jpg

58_resize.jpg

51_resize.JPG

Gorgeous, simply gorgeous.

Thanks @Tugadude I wish I could have done it up in real croc but the customer wanted something different in the end. She didn't want any visible hardware originally and then paid a heap to have some hardware made which I also designed and had made in Japan. This is the end result croc version after another failed one in between.

DSC04516_resize.JPG

This is the other failed prototype below

IMGP7009_resize.JPG

Edited by RockyAussie

One man's failure is another man's treasure.  You are a very generous artisan, unafraid to educate folks on how things are put together.  You truly go the extra mile in order to help and it is much appreciated!

1 hour ago, Tugadude said:

One man's failure is another man's treasure.  You are a very generous artisan, unafraid to educate folks on how things are put together.  You truly go the extra mile in order to help and it is much appreciated!

Indeed, agree with the above, thanks for the info 

Those are very nice and thank you for sharing info RockyAussie.

On 5/19/2020 at 1:13 PM, HaloJones said:

thanks 

The longer strap fastens the flap on the vertical side and the smaller ones secure it on the horizontal. The leather is reinforced at the end of the long strap because I didn't use veg tan and there's no chance it can come off without unfastening the small strap that's sewn on top of it ( which slides through that loop pretty tight ). What you get is a flap that won't move sideways nor will it wobble while the bag is being held by the handle ( I have a problem with those ). It's a really functional build and any extra accessories would be just for decor. I aimed for a bag that uses little to no hardware and this is what I came up with. I carry my 17" laptop in it and it's just fine. 

On 5/20/2020 at 6:20 AM, Tugadude said:

Gorgeous, simply gorgeous.

I really love your wonderful work!

Thanks for the reply, I got the pattern and am giving it a go.

On 5/25/2020 at 1:37 PM, HaloJones said:

Thanks for the reply, I got the pattern and am giving it a go.

Thank you sir! Please contact me on Etsy if you need my help.