Silky

Ident. Adler model

This Adler is for sale locally. No mention of a model number.

I'd like to research this for possible purchase.

Does anyone recognize the model ?

Any pros/cons regarding this one ?

Thanks

Adler1.jpg

Adler2.jpg

Adler3.jpg

Here is a link with some info.

Edited by JJN

Yep.   The machine is a small bobbin walking foot machine.  The GK means it has a shorter bed on the left side so could not be made into a double needle.  Good machine.  The only problem with them, seems to be the timing belt price and availability. 

glenn

I have 1 and it works great for what I use it for. I can do a full 50" belt and more on a single bobbin. It is limited to 138 thread from what I was able to find out.  I paired it with a techsew 550w servo motor and it runs great. I can stitch 2 layers of 10oz with no problem.

I have the 67-372, it is a great little machine, i got it for $400 with a servo installed.  I later went back and got a box type speed reducer which made it an absolute joy to use.  Biggest downside is trying to find attachments or presser feet, they'll be more expensive than say for a comparable consew machine.  I have l/r zipper feet and the single left toe presser setup and so far it works great for my flat bed requirements.  I've done quite a few belts and straps on it, it'll handle 138 top & bottom if you're setup right.  One thing some don't care for is the slip clutch, I like it because I am using this for leather and sometimes get a little too agressive with what i'm trying to get it to do, it will slip the clutch before the timing, you'll hear it and will learn to know when to stop, raise the bed and slip the clutch back in place before continuing.

Edited by koreric75
added info

Thanks folks !

This one was up for $550 ...... and is gone now.

I'm learning more and more of what to watch for now, thanks again to you all.

:)

I bought an Adler but the model number plate hasn't identified it on any Adler site.

ADLER K098-90002 SINGLE NEEDLE ZIG ZAG MACHINE

Anyone recognize it ?

Adler K098small.jpg

Edited by casemaker
pic added

Leaflet with specs:

https://www.duerkopp-adler.com/commons/download/download-text-attachments/Vintage_Leaflets_Adler/Leaflet_Adler_class_98.pdf

i have one

bought it as a sailmakers machine

but you also can zig zag leather pieces together

Edited by Michiel

Thanks for the link.   I couldn't find any reference on the usual Adler site.   Now I have to find a way to setup an edge binder so I need a feed dog, and feet.

Anyone have a parts list.  Apparently it is a discontinued machine but if I can get part numbers for the binder feet and feed dog or the whole binder kit that will help.

Edited by casemaker
add information

An adler 98 wouldnot be my first choice for a binding machine (only has drop feed)

I have never seen binder kits for this machine (and parts are expensive)

but if the machine is working you always can add an standard edge binder

Edited by Michiel

I do have a parts list but its too big to post here for me

if you sent me a pm i can mail it to you

regards michiel

I managed to find a parts list and a couple of sources for binding attachments.    You're right about it not being the best feed for binding and I have a Pfaff 335 and Juki 4111 that do a good job, but one customer requests zig zag stitching and the Adler was available locally at an auction so I thought I would try it.  Thanks for the reply.