Here's one of my latest modeling a 5" Kimber Raptor.  Natural oil finish.   

AAA GIBSON NATURAL 5-IN GOVERNMENT 1911 RH OWB2--OCT 28 2019.jpg

NICE!  I love that clean look.

How did you treat the veg tan to get that lovely shine and colour, it looks great

Really nice work there. Yes, "CLEAN" is the word.

Is the "natural oil finish" Neatsfoot?

Beautiful combo with that Raptor!

nick

Edited by wizard of tragacanth

2 hours ago, JLSleather said:

NICE!  I love that clean look.

Thanks, Jeff!

1 hour ago, chrisash said:

How did you treat the veg tan to get that lovely shine and colour, it looks great

100% Pure Neatsfoot oil, and I apply the final finish with an airbrush.

1 hour ago, wizard of tragacanth said:

Really nice work there. Yes, "CLEAN" is the word.

Is the "natural oil finish" Neatsfoot?

Beautiful combo with that Raptor!

nick

Thank you!  Yes, 100% Pure Neatsfoot.  (Not the "compound" Neatsfoot).

Very nice. Did you use a "Blue gun" if that is the proper term?

I have a Tanfoglio Witness CO2 powered replica 1911 that I'm considering using to mold a holster as a test. If it works out I can test the fit using a friend's milspec 1911.

I carried a Remington Rand WW2 production 1911 for many years, but due to a hand injury I have a lingering problem with grip safeties. The Tanfoglio replica gun has the grip safety so I'm using it mainly to practice my hold before investing in another 1911.

PS

It just occurred to me that one of the replica guns could be a safe substitute when showing your holsters to a prospective customer. They could test how a particular design rides on their hip and try a few test draws.

The only criticism I have is the way the molding at the trigger guard appears to go deep enough that there might be contact with the trigger on re holstering. I'd prefer to leave that part blank or else fully cut away.

Even if there's no contact with a standard trigger there might be if a trigger shoe is installed.

Edited by Professor

1 hour ago, Josh Ashman said:

Amazing work Bruce! Thanks for sharing! 

Thanks, Josh!

33 minutes ago, Professor said:

Very nice. Did you use a "Blue gun" if that is the proper term?

I have a Tanfoglio Witness CO2 powered replica 1911 that I'm considering using to mold a holster as a test. If it works out I can test the fit using a friend's milspec 1911.

I carried a Remington Rand WW2 production 1911 for many years, but due to a hand injury I have a lingering problem with grip safeties. The Tanfoglio replica gun has the grip safety so I'm using it mainly to practice my hold before investing in another 1911.

PS

It just occurred to me that one of the replica guns could be a safe substitute when showing your holsters to a prospective customer. They could test how a particular design rides on their hip and try a few test draws.

The only criticism I have is the way the molding at the trigger guard appears to go deep enough that there might be contact with the trigger on re holstering. I'd prefer to leave that part blank or else fully cut away.

Even if there's no contact with a standard trigger there might be if a trigger shoe is installed.

I did use a Blue Gun.

As to the trigger guard, that's one of two primary points of retention.  I don't build for modified 1911's, but I see your point regarding a trigger shoe.  I've never had an issue with a stock trigger and a fully-covered trigger guard.  There could be, under extremely rare conditions, the opportunity for an accidental/unintended discharge with any holster, but for it to occur under the conditions you outlined, with a properly functioning 1911, it would require an almost totally inept operator. 

Thanks for the kind words, and for taking the time to outline your concerns.