Sign in to follow this  
SilverForgeStudio

SINGER 997 E10- For bag linings and canvas

Like the title says- its not for sewing leather- but hoping this will add a bit more finish and up the look to my bag liners and canvas pieces- price was beyond fair as the fellow just wanted it out of his shop. 

Its quite a little beastie too! Weighs in pretty hefty and solid! (I would say 20+ pounds).

But I am posting as I now have to learn this bad boy- and can not find a "Users manual" only a parts guide online. A lot of trial and error and a few yards of fabric to start on a Saturday in the garage may do the trick to start... 

Also I have no idea of the "age" or "worth" of this machine as any "Groogle" search comes up with everything BUT Singer machines... When I type in "Singer 997E10" or the model and "Overlock" I get nothing remotely looking like this machine... I doubt I found a unicorn... but Searches with "serger", "Overlocker", "997_E10" and various industrial/commercial word combinations bring up nothing for me... I AM looking at work through a firewall- but I hardly think sewing machines are a big red-flag item for being blocked. 

For those who use or used an Overlock/Serger- She has a 1/2hp clutch... are these little guys "better" with a servo like the "real" sewing machines where slow control is needed at times?

Any help appreciated or direction to look.

Thanks folks! -Silver Forge

1717751386_Singer997E10a.thumb.JPG.7ae5875d5a3158587b3390fb0a2f3781.JPG 

1741895210_Singer997E10b.thumb.JPG.7558580703d322be1eba48be8fec7327.JPG

Thanks Chrisash! I've already downloaded the parts chart- according to that my machine is the same as the base unit "997 E3" model. 

But same issue- no manual or dates...

I am leaning towards 1990's era due to the font and color scheme but here again- I'm not knowledgeable in this arena.

I certainly appreciate the help! I literally found the chart about 2 hours after posting my initial question - you beat me to it! 

Silver Forge