westwood1

Ready to pull the trigger but

Ok so I am so close to ordering a new machine. I live in Portland or so is not much in way of industrial machines. So I decided I want a cylinder arm 

and really torn between the cb3200 and Tech sew  3650 or artistan toro 3000. 

or what other arm machines that would be similar would should I be looking at? I’d like to stay around the 1600-1800$

is just so many many machines old and new is almost mind boggling. 

want to be able to use it for holsters knife sheaths all way to lighter leather purses the wife wants to sew

Any advice on other machines I should be looking to buy?

Have you tried contacting someone who repairs industrial machines maybe a good used brand name such as Juki, Singer, Pfaff, Alder like Mark Rofini of Industrial sewing machine at industrialsewmachine.com

kgg

I'd say from your list that the cb3200 is the best machine for the times you listed. The Techsew 3650 is a great machine if you don't mind tooth marks on the bottom layer.

The Toro 3000 is similar to the Cowboy CB3500, 4500 and 5500. They are full blown holster and harness stitchers. I have the CB4500 and love it.

From a not-expert-sewing-guy .... I"m gonna say the CB3200 is more than enough.  The 4500 will sew up to about an inch thick veg tanned leather... how often do you see yourself using that?@!   You can buy a Porsche to go to the grocery store.. it WILL work for that, but you're spending way more money than you need to.  The 3200 drops about a grand from the price of the 4500 you say you won't need.

Disclaimer:  I do not have a 3200 - I'm simply repeating that everybody I know who bought one has been happy with it (and they make holsters and  belts mostly).

I have a 3200. Great machine. Up to about 9/16” thick and handles the lighter stuff too. 138 thread is about as small as you can go. If you’re planning on stitching 2/3 oz I wouldn’t recommend it. I can do a layer of 2/3 to 4/5 and it works great. But I can’t hide the knot in 2/3 to 2/3. 

2 hours ago, Clintock said:

I have a 3200. Great machine. Up to about 9/16” thick and handles the lighter stuff too. 138 thread is about as small as you can go. If you’re planning on stitching 2/3 oz I wouldn’t recommend it. I can do a layer of 2/3 to 4/5 and it works great. But I can’t hide the knot in 2/3 to 2/3. 

You can buy smaller diameter needles and sew with #92 thread into 4-6 ounces. I've used #19 or #20 round point needles (7x3) when those jobs came up. Then I bought a medium duty cylinder arm machine that better handles lighter work and thinner thread.

CB3200 - that's what I ended up going with and don't regret it!

4 hours ago, Wizcrafts said:

Then I bought a medium duty cylinder arm machine that better handles lighter work and thinner thread.

Same here. Bought that 111w152or 153. Good little machine too