On 11/5/2019 at 6:32 PM, blue62 said:

Looks great other than some of the things others pointed out,. 

On the small saddles I've done getting the rear jockeys down tight took some time, 

To me personally I like a hidden stich on the back of the cantle binding, and beveling the saddle strings, it also looks like the bleed knots are sticking up, I use a hammer to tap them down and flatten them a bit.

The tooling turned out very nice, looking forward to seeing another one. 

Thanks!

I did hammer the bleed knots down a bit but I think I used too heavy material for strings. Or maybe I just needed to bevel more like you were saying. 

Ryan

I went to Greenville, SC to visit my brothers at Bob Jones University. I entered my saddle in the art/craft festival there and won 1st and best of show which was pretty exciting. 

My little brother approves of the saddle so that's a good sign! He'll grow into it eventually. 

20191105_165916.thumb.jpg.6f25a4173e2093cff60e5ef1be5a1206.jpg

A beautiful saddle. Love the design and carving is fantastic. Makes me want to buy a horse just so I'd have an excuse to order a saddle from you.

I have a nephew who is a highly trained and highly skilled farrier. Maybe I'll PM you his addy one day. He specialized in difficult projects for vets, custom shoes to compensate for various problems caused by injuries or diseases of valuable horses.

Not sure if he still operates that part of his business, he is a very wealthy young man now with his own stables and millions in the bank.

On 11/16/2019 at 2:36 AM, Professor said:

A beautiful saddle. Love the design and carving is fantastic. Makes me want to buy a horse just so I'd have an excuse to order a saddle from you.

I have a nephew who is a highly trained and highly skilled farrier. Maybe I'll PM you his addy one day. He specialized in difficult projects for vets, custom shoes to compensate for various problems caused by injuries or diseases of valuable horses.

Not sure if he still operates that part of his business, he is a very wealthy young man now with his own stables and millions in the bank.

Thank you!

I also shoe horses! I work for a farrier here in Tucson who shoes a lot of special needs horses so I have the privilege of learning the trade myself. It's hard work but I sure enjoy it. 

Ryan