Orchies

Missing lower tension assembly on Singer 45K58

hi

new to Leatherworker.net so forgive me if I offend any protocols.  I make knives for fun, retired civil servant.  Got myself a Singer 45K58 that was left in garage for 3 plus years, maybe longer.  I know nothing about sewing machines, just want to make a few nice sheaths for my knives.  However, the 45/58 is missing the lower tension assembly and I cannot seem to find a replacement on internet (in UK) or local sites.  My query is whether I could make a tesion assembly that would work or is their other non singer tension assembles out their that I could fit.

An upholster friend has put me on to his sewing machine mechanic but I don’t want to ask him to give my machine the once over until I know it is complete.  Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated..

ps.  The belts were missing but I used a bit of rope to confirm that motor and machine work work well ...as far as I can tell.  The clutch on motor is a bit clunky but that just might be lack of use.  Have ordered some leather off internet for replacement belts

Frank Duffin

Have it - original Singer parts but I have no springs! Felt washers are new. See pictures.

But college sewing seems to have the 2 inner springs

https://www.college-sewing.co.uk/parts-by-machine/singer-sewing-machine-parts/singer-45k-parts

IMG_9341.JPG

IMG_9344.JPG

Edited by Constabulary

hi, really grateful for your quick reply.  glad to pay cost and postage to UK.  Was starting to contemplate trying to put together a frankenstein which would not have worked in any case.  I am on PayPal if that would make it easier.  and thanks for the link to College sewing.  hopefully my local sewing machine mechanic can keep me right once I get the parts.  this is a fantastic site and superb forums.  many thanks again.  let me know how you would like to proceed.

Frank