Sign in to follow this  
NewfoundlandLaw

Cobra Class 4 Stand Height Adjustment

Hey All

I am setting up my new Cobra Class 4 Premium Package and the overall height is a bit high. 

It looks like you can lower the stand by loosening the bolts in the stand column.  Is this possible?  If so, anything I should be careful of?  (Other than disconnecting the shaft to the servo motor before starting.)

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

Here is my safety disclaimer. I recommend adjusting it with help. If you are like me and safety is something other people worry about....I put a floor jack (make sure it is jacked up at least the amount you want to lower your stand) across the back of the bottom plate behind the pedals. Put a 2x4 on the jack to support the table and machine. I then loosened the two bolts and slowly dropped the jack height to the desired height. Unless you are a he-man I don't think it is possible to loosen the bolts, support the machine at the desired height and then tighten the bolts.

59 minutes ago, Mark842 said:

Here is my safety disclaimer. I recommend adjusting it with help. If you are like me and safety is something other people worry about....I put a floor jack (make sure it is jacked up at least the amount you want to lower your stand) across the back of the bottom plate behind the pedals. Put a 2x4 on the jack to support the table and machine. I then loosened the two bolts and slowly dropped the jack height to the desired height. Unless you are a he-man I don't think it is possible to loosen the bolts, support the machine at the desired height and then tighten the bolts.

Sounds like I will need a second set of hands. 

Thanks for letting me know it can be done. :)

When I got my new Cowboy machine, I found the stand to be too high.   I had no intention of operating it standing up, so I dropped it down to the lowest point.   It was easy to do by loosening the bolts.   I did it BEFORE mounting the machine on it, and it was an easy one-man job.  If you have already mounted your machine, I suggest removing it first, and then lowering the stand, and remounting it.   It is now about the same height as my other machines, and I can operate it sitting down.  

Would be easier to use if it was HIGHER..  standing makes me bend over a bit to see in there well.  But it's not very stable base... I'm guessing raising it would make it even more 'wobbly'.

Hey

I lowered it today using the jack technique. Lowered perfectly smoothly and is now the perfect height. 

Can't wait to get home tonight to start trying to use it!