drafthorses

Singer 107w1

recently acquired 107w1 does not release the needle thread when it meets the bobbin thread and continuing causes the thread to wind around the bobbin case base.

base and case cleaned, bobbin in correctly........help????

Check if you insert the needle correctly, needle is threaded front to back, and needle scarf is on the backside, also check the needle / hook timing.

Here is an instruction manual. Hope it helps.

107W1,W3,W5-inst.pdf

Edited by Constabulary

2 hours ago, Constabulary said:

Check if you insert the needle correctly, needle is threaded front to back, and needle scarf is on the backside, also check the needle / hook timing.

Here is an instruction manual. Hope it helps.

107W1,W3,W5-inst.pdf

Thanks for your reply....all of what you mentioned appears to be ok...the problem is that the hook catches the needle thread and pulls it about 90 degree turn and when the thread goes to slip out of the part separating it and ready to catch the bobbin thread...that is where it jams up and will not slide any further to bring the bobbin thread to the top.. Sorry not up to date on part names.....just hobbist.

I´m not exactly sure what you mean.

Any chance that the bobbin case stop finger (part # 210764) is not holding the bobbin case base in place or is probably missing or in wrong position??? You can loosen the screw and slide the stop finger up and down a bit and when it is to high the bobbin case base is not held in place - probably.

Here is how the hook area looks on my 107w1 but please show pictures of yours and if possible shoot a video and upload it somewhere (Youtube, Vimoeo...) and link it here

IMG_9368.thumb.JPG.86f9a3a01803867351982947a081de24.JPG

IMG_9369.thumb.JPG.73451680aafa574302f2b2fbc7593e7a.JPG

Bild1.thumb.jpg.b0f4a52fcf33a3eac6c80fa8cb43f01b.jpg

Bild2.jpg.e79b8c89f478dd8be7479a653ab8e3eb.jpg

Edited by Constabulary

3 hours ago, Constabulary said:

I´m not exactly sure what you mean.

Any chance that the bobbin case stop finger (part # 210764) is not holding the bobbin case base in place or is probably missing or in wrong position??? You can loosen the screw and slide the stop finger up and down a bit and when it is to high the bobbin case base is not held in place - probably.

Here is how the hook area looks on my 107w1 but please show pictures of yours and if possible shoot a video and upload it somewhere (Youtube, Vimoeo...) and link it here

IMG_9368.thumb.JPG.86f9a3a01803867351982947a081de24.JPG

IMG_9369.thumb.JPG.73451680aafa574302f2b2fbc7593e7a.JPG

Bild1.thumb.jpg.b0f4a52fcf33a3eac6c80fa8cb43f01b.jpg

Bild2.jpg.e79b8c89f478dd8be7479a653ab8e3eb.jpg

Thank you very much....I re adjusted the " Bobbin Case Stop Finger" and seems to stitches properly...just a few tension and stitch length to fine tune and should be sewing as it should...again thank you for your help

Thank you very much....I re adjusted the " Bobbin Case Stop Finger" and seems to stitches properly...just a few tension and stitch length to fine tune and should be sewing as it should...again thank you for your help

I would also clean up the hook and bobbin case so no rust or old oil is there.  Be surprised what that will do for your stitch.

glenn

5 hours ago, drafthorses said:

You are welcome, glad the problem is solved.  :)

Make sure you download the manual it contains a lot of useful information.