DanishMan

PFAFF 145 to 545 conversion

Last year I did find a sorry looking PFAFF 145 in a barn.

Now - it has been cleaned up, and it is working pefectly.

I also converted it to PFAFF 545 with a bigger bobbin case. Fairly simple operation.

Brgds

Danish Man

IMG_0627.JPG

Pfaff 145:545 1.jpg

On the Pfaff conversion, did you have to replace anything besides the hook assembly and bobbin case?

On the Juki 562 to 563 conversion you have to replace the take up lever too.

You probably used the same needle bar, and just switched to 190 needles correct? 

Thanks

Hi Pintodelux

I changed the hook saddle and the bobbin case (including bobbin case opener).

I have not had a motor on the machine yet, but it seems to be sewwing nicely.

Cheers

That's a lot of work, good job.

On the next 145, I will try to change the stitch length also. Should be pretty straight forward.

However, I would also like to change it from a H2 to a H4 (maximum thickness from 7 to 14 mm).

How is that done? It seems as if the material thickness limit, is that the needle bar hits the vibrating presser, when going through thick material.

Cheers

On 11/11/2019 at 11:44 AM, DanishMan said:

On the next 145, I will try to change the stitch length also. Should be pretty straight forward.

However, I would also like to change it from a H2 to a H4 (maximum thickness from 7 to 14 mm).

How is that done? It seems as if the material thickness limit, is that the needle bar hits the vibrating presser, when going through thick material.

Cheers

Best thing to do in this case is cross reference the parts in the parts book and see what variances between classes there are.  This is your best bet.  Even though it may not give you the what the differences are, at least you know they are using something different to get there with a higher lift, longer stitch length or a larger bobbin hook.

Edited by Gregg From Keystone Sewing

On 11/9/2019 at 9:25 PM, DanishMan said:

I changed the hook saddle and the bobbin case (including bobbin case opener). 

Ok, so I'm hearing this conversion isn't very straightforward at all, haha, so I'd love to get a bit more information on the procedure as the hook assembly on my 145 is a tad rattly and if I'm replacing it, I might as well go for the 545 assembly and bobbin case - if it's not too much work switching them out... 

1 hour ago, Farmfield said:

Ok, so I'm hearing this conversion isn't very straightforward at all, haha, so I'd love to get a bit more information on the procedure as the hook assembly on my 145 is a tad rattly and if I'm replacing it, I might as well go for the 545 assembly and bobbin case - if it's not too much work switching them out... 

The part called the hook saddle is the part the hook fastens to,the large hook is taller than the small hook so the saddle is made shorter @ the top for the large bobbin hook.So you have to get one from a large bobbin machine or try to buy one from Pfaff.