GoFish

Help ID 2 machines

First post here! Hope all are well...

Was referred to this site by a kind stranger offering advice in a wanted ad. I’m actually looking for a machine to do boat upholstery including piping, vinyl seats, canvas tops etc.... Made a deal on a Juki 563 yesterday to pick up today with a trailer but the guys wife wouldn’t let him sell it :(

Had a guy send pictures of a couple older walking foot machines. He said make an offer, having no idea what model # each or them are would like to know if they’re worthwhile for my intended purpose and if so what to offer. 

The Adler is a double needle machine, closest thing I’ve found is a 167? but might be missing a bar on top. Second is obviously a Singer but no idea what model

any help would be appreciated, thanks 

B66-B5614-A4-E6-4865-94-EC-E0-F55-F907-D

I'd keep looking for a 563.  Great machine.  Another upholster's favorite is a Pfaff 545, especially the H4 variant.

Those are the two machines I use, and they have comparable features like big top-loading bobbins and reverse.  I've had Adler 67 and 167's in the past, and I was never that impressed with them for some reason.  They are sturdy machines no doubt, I just like Juki and Pfaff a little better.

Do you need a double needle machine, or is this just what you could find?      

23 minutes ago, Pintodeluxe said:

I'd keep looking for a 563.  Great machine.  Another upholster's favorite is a Pfaff 545, especially the H4 variant.

Those are the two machines I use, and they have comparable features like big top-loading bobbins and reverse.  I've had Adler 67 and 167's in the past, and I was never that impressed with them for some reason.  They are sturdy machines no doubt, I just like Juki and Pfaff a little better.

Do you need a double needle machine, or is this just what you could find?      

Thanks for the advice. Called upholstery shops far and wide today looking for another Juki or any walking foot for that matter and nothing...

There is a local Pfaff 145 for sale, but not a walking foot. Does have a brushless servo motor so was gonna buy that too and swap motors. They didn’t reply though.

Don’t need a double needle. Just what has been offered so far

924-D28-F0-A2-BE-49-D6-99-FF-6-C615-F419

Got another machine offered today. No model # provided but may have discovered it’s a 138? 

Doesn’t look like a walking foot though :( so would have to pass.

Anyone know of the model of Singer that is in the first post?

2 hours ago, GoFish said:

Anyone know of the model of Singer that is in the first post?

107G I guess - Germany made version odf the 107w

On 11/13/2019 at 11:24 PM, GoFish said:

The Adler is a double needle machine, closest thing I’ve found is a 167? but might be missing a bar on top.

B66-B5614-A4-E6-4865-94-EC-E0-F55-F907-D

Could be an Adler 67 or 167. Guessing by the size of the bobbins, probably a 167 (67 has 111-style G-type bobbins). If the "missing bar" you are referring to is a flat thing with a big screw, that's an auxiliary presser spring. Not all models were fitted with them. I've got an Adler 67 that was fitted with one but it broke before I got hold of the machine and I've never had a problem without it on leather. FWIW Adlers are excellent value -- really well built, excellent quality machines, but fugly so not really fashionable on the amateur market like black-body Singers are.

21 hours ago, Matt S said:

Could be an Adler 67 or 167. Guessing by the size of the bobbins, probably a 167 (67 has 111-style G-type bobbins). If the "missing bar" you are referring to is a flat thing with a big screw, that's an auxiliary presser spring. Not all models were fitted with them. I've got an Adler 67 that was fitted with one but it broke before I got hold of the machine and I've never had a problem without it on leather. FWIW Adlers are excellent value -- really well built, excellent quality machines, but fugly so not really fashionable on the amateur market like black-body Singers are.

Great thanks for the advice. I’d like to call the guy today about this. Only question I have right now is being a double needle machine will this have any effect on using it as a single needle and option for foot to do piping?

On 11/14/2019 at 9:04 PM, Constabulary said:

107G I guess - Germany made version odf the 107w

Does this singer have any reverse and capable of canvas and piping upholstery?