Bilbrey09

Pfaff 463 Knee Lift Component

Greetings,

I am trying to find a part for the knee lift component on a Pfaff 463.  I've looked at the parts manual and noticed part # 91-027-296-15 is now considered an earlier version and needs to be replaced with part # 91-171-412-91 (Pg. 87).

The issue I am running into is that the right angle coupling sleeve from the older component has been replaced by a vertical piece that will not connect to the presser bar lifting mechanism in the machine head because the old mechanism has a transverse driving pin that is in the shape of a "T" but the new vertical coupling sleeve (#91-171-542-91) requires a transverse driving pin that is in the shape of an "L"

Can I tap the old pin in to an "L" or does that entire presser bar lifting mechanism need replaced?  If it does need replaced can you advice with what and a part number? And can you supply this new piece?  I already have the new knee lift component (# 91-171-412-91).

Pfaff 463 Knee Lift Component.PNG

On 11/15/2019 at 4:58 PM, Northmount said:

@Bilbrey09 Moved your post to Leather Sewing Machines.  More likely to get some response here.

Tom

Thanks Tom!  My first time posting so I appreciate the help.  Now just waiting on replies!

If the hole in #11-330175-15 is the right size,cut one side of the pin off.