TheAlbinoYeti

Hide crafters bevelers and stamps vs Craftool

Trying to upgrade my bevelers and can’t afford BARRY King just yet, was wondering if the hidecrafter bevelers sold on eBay by procrafters are better than the current craftool ones at Tandy’s?

Edited by TheAlbinoYeti

Save your money and get the Barry King!

Definitely save up for the king tools, my experience is that the craftools, hidecrafter and other tools at that price point are about the same quality wise.

The geometrics and border tools are phenomenal compared the the less expensive tools.

Depending on the type of carving you do you don't need a whole set right away, seems like a larger and smaller one will do a lot of work.

Barry's bevelers are pretty reasonable.

On 11/20/2019 at 2:13 PM, blue62 said:

Definitely save up for the king tools, my experience is that the craftools, hidecrafter and other tools at that price point are about the same quality wise.

The geometrics and border tools are phenomenal compared the the less expensive tools.

Depending on the type of carving you do you don't need a whole set right away, seems like a larger and smaller one will do a lot of work.

Barry's bevelers are pretty reasonable.

Thanks I’m making a list now, trying to decide what I really need. I keep getting distracted by the ones I just want though! Lol!

Funny about that, went to the federation show in St Louis and came home with way more than I planned to.