What software are we using?  About time to renew, and I'd almost prefer something that takes less time to input.  OR something that would create an order list WHILE entering the transaction.... maybe....

What are you using, and why"?

18 hours ago, JLSleather said:

What software are we using?  About time to renew, and I'd almost prefer something that takes less time to input.  OR something that would create an order list WHILE entering the transaction.... maybe....

What are you using, and why"?

I use wave,  coz it's free and simple to use, and i can get to it from the mobile or pc.

2 hours ago, koreric75 said:

I use wave,  coz it's free and simple to use, and i can get to it from the mobile or pc.

:cheers: Now THAT is an answer.  To the point, from somebody who actually does what the question asks. 

I'll have to look into that further when time permits. Looks like it does much of what i already do... would be great to find a way to cut some of the admin time (now if there was just some way to make a pre-filled invoice for every possible combination coming out of a custom shop ...).

You won't like my answer but this is a different twist to your question.

I have used "FileMaker" since it's inception many years ago. Not free but if you wanted a program that will even talk to you. this is it.

I have written every Data Base we have ever used with exception of the very first, using FM.

Have written billing invoices with hundreds to thousand of entries that populate whatever I need. While it is automatically doing that everything is totaled for anytime I wish to access the info.

It essentially does my taxes for me.

I know, not the answer you were looking for.........

Ferg

Well, sounds interesting, but it'd be pretty tough to put custom requests in a database ;)

9 hours ago, JLSleather said:

:cheers: Now THAT is an answer.  To the point, from somebody who actually does what the question asks. 

I'll have to look into that further when time permits. Looks like it does much of what i already do... would be great to find a way to cut some of the admin time (now if there was just some way to make a pre-filled invoice for every possible combination coming out of a custom shop ...).

I forgot to mention, it integrates with paypal and etsy so you can track purchases from those accounts.  It also has an integration for google sheets, for automation there are some built from zapier that integrate, probably still will have to fine tune the custom invoices though.

14 hours ago, JLSleather said:

Well, sounds interesting, but it'd be pretty tough to put custom requests in a database ;)

It was originally intended to be just a Data Base program I believe. I needed to count letters of different colors in personal names, it required one short line of code.

Definitely not for everyone. It has gotten too expensive as most of the older software is these days. I just continue to use what I upgraded to several years ago. lol

Ferg