Sign in to follow this  
Nate1977

What knot ?

So I am working on a couple game calls for someone, I have a neighbor that does leather work however he doesn't braid , and did not know the answer. Thats what lead me here after a bunch of searching and you tube.

I ordered 2 books and some latigo lace (still not here)to play around with (before plunging into roo), I am looking to make some call lanyards. I get the back braiding to close the loop, however for the drops are they braided in or dropped from the back braid? And what knot would I use to cinch against the call?

Thanks nate

Here is one of the calls lanyard will gonin far right groove

20191120_204836.thumb.jpg.4247cee0bbf2198430c982ff130481b8.jpg

well ive seen them made several ways.  if it was me i would make my drop with a loop and a sliding knot to tighten loop against call.  not sure i would start with latigo lace.  i find it quite bulky for that kind of braiding.  you can start with paracord as you can do all types of braids and knots with it.

not suggesting a copy of the designs but just to get ideas about lanyard construction i suggest knotsmith.com 

Thank You roo4u , what sliding would you recommend? I'll take a look at knotsmith.

Thanks again 

well i usually use a ring knot for a small slide or if a bit bigger a ring with a pineapple knot over top

well i usually use a ring knot for a small slide or if a bit bigger a ring with a pineapple knot over top

37 minutes ago, roo4u said:

Will look those up , see if I have better luck with those instead of sliding turks head in grants book I'm having trouble figuring out.lol

Heres a smaller mock up of the neck loop and start of drop, Having difficulty with termination knots. :(20191123_223503.thumb.jpg.7038b9eb91246dd1f089208e2b0f00a8.jpg

20191123_223535.thumb.jpg.ca99ee74378791feda989d43975cb0cb.jpg