NewfoundlandLaw

Can This Cutter Also be Used to Emboss Leather?

Hey All

I was wandering around bay and I noticed there is a cutting machine with a set of folding/creasing rolls on the other side of the machine.  They look like they could be used to emboss leather, if you could get embossing wheels to fit on them.  I've attached a Picture of the machine to this post.  Seems to be a pretty popular machine as there TechSew and others also sell the same unit.

Does anyone know anything about this machine?  If it both cuts and embosses, that would be amazing!  

Thanks All

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by NewfoundlandLaw

I emboss a lot of small pieces of leather. Leaves, fabric textures, etc. Till recently, I was using a vice with the leather positioned between 2 pieces of wood and sometimes a piece of hard plastic for more detail to come through -My husband just got me something like this press - https://www.amazon.com/OrangeA-Leather-Embossing-Leathercraft-Materials/dp/B07H2ZZBK3?th=1  - and it works really well, but if you don't want to make the investment and have a vice already, it may do what you need.  

This was my vice setup:

image.png

Probably you can use this machine for embossing and cutting, but it seems that it's a professional tool from China. But if it's just your hobby I think you'd  better get some of these machines. Especially if you work with small/thin pieces of leather. My daughter uses Spellbinders Platinum all the time. But if you are interested in this particular machine - tell me. I'll check "baidu" cuz i know some Chinese.