Rossr

Add steel, antler, wood and leather and....

Just finished this one tonight.  Knife is a stock removal blade I made from O-1 tool steel. Handle is elk antler bolster and womans tongue wood.  

I was happy with how the sheath turned out.  Wicket and Craig saddle skirting, green deer skin liner, carved oak leaf and basket weave stamping.  Stitched on a needle awl Randal Campbell sewing machine.

As always constructive criticism welcome

20191125_204833.jpg

20191125_204650.jpg

20191125_204656.jpg

20191125_204714.jpg

Sheath and blade go together really well. The white thread is a bit of a statement. Nice job.

2 hours ago, Rockoboy said:

Sheath and blade go together really well. The white thread is a bit of a statement. Nice job.

Thanks rockoboy.  I always like the white thread contrast.  However some do not.  I could dye it of course . Or gasp but colored thread and change it :o:)

Both are very nice!!

Nice!  and tiny basketweave too.  I find that is more difficult to do than it might seem.

YinTx

6 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

Both are very nice!!

Thanks chuck 

5 hours ago, YinTx said:

Nice!  and tiny basketweave too.  I find that is more difficult to do than it might seem.

YinTx

Thanks.  Yes I feel the smaller ones can be tougher to keep lined up!

Wonderful! The rolled edge of the deerskin over the opening of the sheath is a REALLY nice touch that I don't believe I've seen before....and done so cleanly! Beautiful!

20 hours ago, JazzBass said:

Wonderful! The rolled edge of the deerskin over the opening of the sheath is a REALLY nice touch that I don't believe I've seen before....and done so cleanly! Beautiful!

Kind words thank you!

2 hours ago, AlexOstacchini said:

Lovely stuff, knife and sheath. I second the point about the rolled edge, very pretty

Thanks alex!

I appreciate the rivets on the bolsters- with horn/antler it can get slick fast- those look to be just a bit proud and "knobby" which in this case look awesome with the style and the need for a grip. Great line- is that a false swedge on the spine or is it flat?

Looks nice indeed- the sheath- is quite the match as well! Love the tooling and as others pointed out the thread choice!

Kerri

58 minutes ago, SilverForgeStudio said:

I appreciate the rivets on the bolsters- with horn/antler it can get slick fast- those look to be just a bit proud and "knobby" which in this case look awesome with the style and the need for a grip. Great line- is that a false swedge on the spine or is it flat?

Looks nice indeed- the sheath- is quite the match as well! Love the tooling and as others pointed out the thread choice!

Kerri

Hi Kerri,

I agree on the pins on the bolsters.  In this case the are a bit proud I carefully penened them over then buffed them to smooth them.  It will allow some grip.  The bolsters are also epoxied on as well.  I like the knobby look in this case  so I didn't sand and smooth them all the way after peening.  On the angled part of the spine is a false swedge. Extensing to the tip. More for looks then anything else.  Good eye?

Thanks for compliments.  I try hard to produce a quality product that is pleasing to look at as well as functional!

Happy Thanksgiving all

Ross