If my tooling ever got that good I will be happy

very nice bag

Very nice, from one Texan to another! LOL

That is really nice.  Very well put together, great tooling.  Excellent bar grounding too!

YinTx 

beautiful work!!!!

That’s a beautiful piece. What’s the leather? It tooled nicely but also folded under nicely for the stitching.

Thanks for the comments. The leather is 3/4 oz. Herman Oak.  Learned how to fold the Veg Tan and make it straight and even. 

very nice work.  You may need to show that leather folding technique, it is reaaly good.

I use a Douglas stitching groove tool to put a groove on the fold line half way thru the leather. Then use a wide French edge tool to skive both sides of the groove. Then I usually go back and run the grooving tool again lightly to make sure there is a distinct groove and the leather will fold straight down the groove. It should fold really easy if not probably need a deeper groove and a little more skiving. On thicker leather a little moisture on the outside will help keep the leather from cracking when you fold it. 

Edited by Tim Schroeder

Very nice work.

Boy I hope my wife never sees this or she'll want me to make one for her, and I don't think I could live up to these standards!  Is there a liner and or divider in the case?

They are lined. Some with American Flag fabric but most have a slick brown nylon. No dividers. I would send a picture but they are all gone now. I usually make 5 or 6 for my wife's friends and co workers every Christmas.

Wow, that's a great idea for Christmas!  And it'll give me a whole year to up my game.  :)     Super awesome job!