lynn53435

What is the best office chair?

I tried a lot of high-end office chairs and settled on a Soma Comfort tall back chair. I am tall and have RSI and both of those affected my choice so it might not be the best for you, but it's definitely worth trying out. They don't sell direct so you have to find a place near you that carries them.

AND

What is the best office chair?

Source: https://time4buying.com/best-office-chairs-under-300

I don't know if it is the best but I have an Iron Horse 3100. It is around 10 years old and doing fine. They call it a 24-hour "control room" chair. i paid ~$1300 for it at the time. No idea how much they are now. After owning several cheap, uncomfortable office chairs, I just said, to heck with it, and got something that I thought would be truly comfortable and last for years. I hated spending that much money but now I am glad that I did. I had tried some chairs at Relax the Back store that were even higher priced., like $1800 to $3000 and I think that I hit the peak of the price/performance curve with the Iron Horse. 

I don't use the head rest very often but I would not buy a chair that did  not have one, just for the times that I want it. Mine has the HD Tilt Up arm style. I particularly like that feature. Sometimes I will have both arms up and out of the way, sometimes one up and one down, sometimes both down.  I also like that the arms are super strong and stable, when in place, not like many of those wobbly arms on many office chairs. 

https://ironhorseseating.com/office-chair/products/

nick

Don't remember the name offhand (Serta?), its been years, but I once tried out a chair at a store and told them to not bothering with delivery they could just wheel me out to the parking lot and call a moving truck to pick me and the chair up and carry us into the house. It was that comfortable.

WorkPro Quantum 9000 for me.

It's mesh seat and back keep you cool while you're working, and it's adjustable in every imaginable way.  

Super comfortable sewing chair.  

The very best ergonomic, fully adjustable office chair is the,   tb 116/117,

The chair all other mimic as close as possible without copyright infringements,

This has everything any other cannot,

Because of all this and so well made with a lot of mechanics going on inside the chair they are far from cheap.

But this chair will not be the reason you cannot walk in older years,

Yes I have one but never gave a thought until I looked the number up that is under the seat, I never use it, but I live in the UK?

Edited by Northmount
Changed all uppercase to proper sentence case, much easier to read.