NewfoundlandLaw

Am I the Only Fool to Order One of These???

Hey All

I was putting together an order on Tandy Leather and I came across an "Edge Dying Machine". 

Here is the link to the machine: Edge Dying Machine

I can't find any information on it online. Not even a single video.  It was half-price so I purchased it on an impulse.  A fool and his money right...  :)

Anyone know anything about this?

the info right in the description:
"Semi-automatic edge dyeing machine for quick and accurate edging application. Compatible with major edge paint brands and suitable to paint the edges of handbags, wallets, watch straps, belts and other leather accessories."

Edited by nrk

2 minutes ago, dikman said:

Look on the bright side, now you'll be able to tell us whether it's any good.;)

Sounds like a plan to me. :)

13 hours ago, NewfoundlandLaw said:

Anyone know anything about this?

Add paint to trough, turn on machine, edge some leather.

I feel your pain...I have drawers full of tools that ended up being one trick (or no trick) ponies...my latest was that hand held lace cutter from tandy...what a piece of junk. Sadly, though, I am cursed with a warped sense of humor...and for that I apologize to you in advance...

With that said...

"Semi-automatic edge dyeing machine for quick and accurate edging application. Compatible with major edge paint brands and suitable to paint the edges of handbags, wallets, watch straps, belts and other leather accessories."

Polish_20191207_143911761.jpg

Not to say a bag of those dang things won't set you back a week's pay too, though...'specially if you rely on this business for your money.

I saw that and thought it was cool. But I'm too stingy with my dye to dump it all in there. 

4 hours ago, MikeF said:

I feel your pain...I have drawers full of tools that ended up being one trick (or no trick) ponies...my latest was that hand held lace cutter from tandy...what a piece of junk. Sadly, though, I am cursed with a warped sense of humor...and for that I apologize to you in advance...

With that said...

Polish_20191207_143911761.jpg

Mike,

That image is of a Full Auto Edger not a Semi-Auto

[Full Auto]  You dip it into the container one time then use till it runs out.

[Semi-Auto]  would require multiple dips 

c.gif