PalmieriLeather

Looking for this specific vertical wallet pattern

Hey friends! I’m looking for a vertical wallet pattern like the one shown in the photo. Thank you in advance! Y’all are amazing!

A89B059A-2044-4725-B641-54A10160B222.jpeg

Have a look at this YouTube video. It  covers the choice of leather; construction methods; and shows how a simple design can be worked up into several variants, including the one you're interested in

'How to Make a Simple Handmade Leather Wallet' by Nigel Armitage

15 hours ago, particle said:

Actually that last one looks quite close to the same thing - may be the same thing.

But you'll be able to tell when I'm going to pay somebody $25 for a "pattern" of 3 rectangles... cuz it'll be REALLY REALLY COLD that day. :rofl:

2 hours ago, JLSleather said:

Actually that last one looks quite close to the same thing - may be the same thing.

But you'll be able to tell when I'm going to pay somebody $25 for a "pattern" of 3 rectangles... cuz it'll be REALLY REALLY COLD that day. :rofl:

I'm the same.  I make my own patterns and that one is extremely simple to re-create.  I use a pad of paper I have that is broken up into little squares.  The squares are 1/4" and that helps me to size things quickly and easily.  Then all you need is a ruler and a square and you are set.  As far as dimensions, most times the overall size of the product is listed, then you work out the pocket sizing based upon that.  Some seem to struggle with this, perhaps it is one of those skills you have or you don't.

2 hours ago, JLSleather said:

I mostly make knife sheaths, & axe covers from 3mm veg tan, plus a few belts, and I'm quite happy to make  all those without a pattern

Now I want to make some wallets, and they look a bit more intricate & precise. Besides, as I mentioned, I've just bought some rather expensive Horween Chrome Excel. So I thought that for the sake of ten quid (£10 = about $12) I'd get Nigel's plan pack, and I'm glad I did. There are about 20 pages of plans, advice, and comments on construction & umpteen variations on the basic  shapes & dimensions to make billfolds, cardholders, bi- & tri- folds, and so on

I could probably have managed without, but it is a lot easier with

1 hour ago, Tugadude said:

I use a pad of paper I have that is broken up into little squares.  The squares are 1/4" and that helps me to size things quickly and easily.

Yup, me too.  Once I was about out, so the wench wife picked some up for me.  Turns out, there were FIVE squares per inch - not 4 - so for a little bit I was ALL messed up :o

1 hour ago, zuludog said:

I mostly make knife sheaths, ...quite happy to make  all those without a pattern

Now I want to make some wallets, and they look a bit more intricate & precise. ... I could probably have managed without, but it is a lot easier with

Actually , it takes more to make the sheaths ;)  which is why you have SO MANY offering 'patterns' and 'tutorials' on wallets... it's rectangles, people!  My friend Robert made holsters for a decade WITHOUT a pattern, something many don't seem to grasp.

I don't buy those simple little patterns, but I certainly am not suggesting what YOU should do with YOUR money.  

Print the picture , trace it on some cardstock, cut it out. print it again trace the pockets on card stock cut them out. You have a free pattern.