PalmieriLeather

Looking for a vertical wallet pattern

Hey friends! I’m looking for a vertical wallet pattern like the one shown in the photo. Thank you in advance! Y’all are amazing!

A89B059A-2044-4725-B641-54A10160B222.thumb.jpeg.f393024f52f687326422f5f94c2257fa.jpeg

So you want assistance drawing 3 rectangles?  Am I missing something here?

41 minutes ago, JLSleather said:

So you want assistance drawing 3 rectangles?  Am I missing something here?

Mostly for the dimensions and cutting out the center rectangle. 

You don't cut a centre rectangle. The wallet/card holder is made up from  a large back or outer piece, and several smaller pieces stacked up and sewn together

I think you've asked the same question in the 'How Do I Do That?' section. As I mentioned, have a look at Nigel's video; there is also a plan pack available. I have it, and it's pretty foolproof

I bought some rather expensive Horween leather to make my wallets, so before I cut into it I made some mock - ups from card (old breakfast cereal packets) stapled & taped together to see how it went together, and what it would look like

Walmart sells plastic sheets if graph paper in the sewing dept. Get a dollar bill and a couple of credit cards and start designing the graph will help you center the inside cut out for your interior. This is a 6 piece design I have a vertical wallet pattern if you need it but I've never actually used it. 

24_Vertical_Bifold_wallet [HahnsAtelier].pdf

Edited by CNHLeather
PDF showed up twice

I don't have a pattern but I bought a template from makes leather supply.  I modified it slightly to get this.  

maybe that will help,

brian

P.S. there is a good chance the one in your picture was made from that template.  they have different pocket designs aswell.

wallet.png

Edited by Brianm77

That's not the same design.  

sdfg.jpg

If you look closely (the original post picture is quite dark) it does look as if a rectangle has been "cut out" of the main piece.  The top strip (with the stitching showing) and the larger pockets appear to be cut from one piece.

that is how that template is.  the outer is one piece.  the inner/hidden pockets are one piece with a thin strip that connects them at the top and bottom.  and then the card slot pockets.   I have never understood the thin strips, I don't like em and I don't do them.  when I was cutting out the pieces for the one I pictured I cut the thin strips out.  but If I was to use different shape card slots and leave the thin strips in the design then looks like mine could be from the same template as the other one pictured.

it does make for one of the thinnest wallets I have ever carried.

Corter leather has a free template for one 

Nigel Armitage has a full pack: https://www.armitageleather.com/product-page/simple-wallet-design-pack-1

It's worth every quid, since the pack includes not just the templates but a very thorough explanation on the principles followed for the designs, and on how to modify them or build your own. You can follow along with his Youtube videos. Or watch the videos first to see if you want/need to buy the pack.

Edited by Hardrada

I'm throwing out a nod to Nigel's wallet pack as well. He encourages you to experiment and expand on what he has in the templates. It helped me quite a bit in how I approach making wallets. I can't recommend it enough and it is well worth the money.

On 12/4/2019 at 8:43 PM, PalmieriLeather said:

Hey friends! I’m looking for a vertical wallet pattern like the one shown in the photo. Thank you in advance! Y’all are amazing!

A89B059A-2044-4725-B641-54A10160B222.thumb.jpeg.f393024f52f687326422f5f94c2257fa.jpeg

Looks great. Do you have a drawing? pattern?

HBCrafts, Welcome to leatherworker.net.  I think you misunderstood the quoted post. The OP (original poster) was looking for a template to make a wallet like the one he is showing a picture of, but did not make the wallet that is pictured.  But if you are looking at getting into making wallets, there are links above to wallet templates made by a well respected leatherworker by the name of Nigel Armitage. Search for him on YouTube and you will find several videos that he has made that are very informative. He has a couple excellent ones on proper saddle stitching techniques.  Also Aaron of Makers Leather Supply (also mentioned above) has a bunch of videos on various wallet types and make his own line of acrylic templates as well.  Here is the link for Aaron's template for this type of wallet Vertical Wallet Acrylic Template Set – Maker's Leather Supply