Hawker

Singer 211G155 help needed

Hi all,

I need some help form anyone that has had issues with their Singer 211G155. My singer I recently bought works quite well and I completed a falconry bag yesterday but with some issues. My machine will sew beautifully for a while but then the threads tangle around the bobbin case and bring things to a quick halt. 
I have tried the usual things such as rethread the machine, change out the needle, different feet, adjust foot pressure, stitch length, etc. It will still continues to do it. 
but then it starts working normally again but always ends up with the same problem happening again.  
I have adjusted the bobbin case and timing according to the service manual with small gains in workability but it always ends up happening. 
does anyone have any ideas for me??  I could really use your guidance. 

E025FB49-DA9D-4171-A9A9-E8EC3470FD96.jpeg

Edited by Hawker

The top thread is probably coming out of the top tension disks. Loop it around the top post, through the holes, in a counterclockwise direction to offset the natural coil of the spool.

You can also reconfigure how the thread comes out of the three hole guide before the top tensioner to feed it from the lowest point into the middle of the disks. I actually flip my guides down to give me three positions to place the thread, depending on how the thread is acting. They tend to vary with color and amount of bonding.

How heavy a thread are you using?

glenn

I’m using CSB69 thread and a 110/18 leather needle. Tried rerouting the thread as recommended but still no luck. The thread is sewing correctly on the top but the bottom bobbin thread is all over the place.  

I am going to make another attempt at timing the machine tomorrow to see if anything changes. When it’s working it’s a lovely machine but this nonsense is driving me crazy. It has brought my sewing to a screeching halt. 

B5F36934-DCF8-4D03-9E9D-F63F366E068B.jpeg

If the photo is showing the bottom thread, either the bobbin tension is almost locked totally tight or the top thread has lifted up out of the business end of the top tension disks and has little or no tension at all, or the tension spring is backed off too far, or the disk opener is prematurely pushing or holding the disks open.

2nd what Wiz said!

Are you using a knee lifter or foot pedal for lifting the presser foot and you probably have the foot on the pedal or you are pushing the knee against the knee lift lever ever so slightly? If so this could cause a permanent top tension release and you get a "bird nest" on the bottom side of the material.

Edited by Constabulary

My Pfaff 335 has a manual tension disc release and that's exactly what I get if I forget to release the lever and run it with no upper thread tension.