thats a great looking bag !  besides the few visible scuffs on the leather I cant find anything bad to say about it..

what kind of leather and material did you use for the liner ?

I am a second year leather working student. I am no leather expert. The leather is unknown, I don't think it's the best quality.I bought it to practice, its cheap, It looks good but it's prone to scars. I don't care about the scars doh. I gives what they call cachet in French. It also learned me to watch out for scars. 

The lining is Grey pigskin

Greetings from Belgium

Edited by bvdv

That is a very nice piece of work, make a messenger bag next, I’ll bet bay would be very nice two.

That's nice work

I love it and I like the lining color contrasting with the exterior.  As far as the scuffs, I tend to like them so long as they are patina.  In other words, when stuff gets used for its intended purpose, it is going to show wear.  That doesn't bother me on most stuff.   Shoes are an exception.  Shoes should always looks as good as possible, but I digress.

I like the idea of the closure, I presume it is magnetic by the looks of it?  I would have never thought of doing that, but I think it looks great.  That would be a nice place to put a monogram or something to personalize it.

Also interesting that you have the handle on one side only.  I guess it isn't good or bad, just a design choice.  Was it intentional or were you following an existing design?

That's awesome!

Thx for all the reply's and kind words. 

Some of the comments are justified, but I have to say we had to follow a particular pattern. 

The one handle does the trick, no issues here. 

The fastening is another case, first of all the belt is 1.5 cm (3/4 inch) to long to be effective. As you lift the bag it opens a bit by itself. I am going to shorten it a bit and see if the locks hold. I also think the magnetic lock isn't strong enough a push button would be better but hard to close. I did discuss this with the teacher 2 weeks ago. He told me he wasn't behind this design but a co-teacher of him wanted it in the course. I am not for or against it, I just want fool proof bag designs, and this isn't one of them. For me it just was a good exercise to practice some techniques but the end product is useless in the designed state. As mentioned before I rework the closing mechanism to a working state.  I keep you all updated.

The course is only 1 evening every week so everything goes slow maybe I rework it at home. 

Greetings B

Edited by bvdv