The customer wanted a sheath he could carry on his back and wanted to be able to draw it up over his shoulder. I wasn't thrilled with that since that puts the edge on his neck and isn't really concealable.  I compromised with him and designed it so it could be turned around on the carrier I built so it could be drawn down which is better and safer. 

The sheath is calf skin lined (cuz I had the calf skin) and hand stitched. The lacing is decorative and at the request of the customer. There was a considerable amount of swearing involved with the lacing but in the end it looked really good. And yes the lacing goes through the welt to protect it from the edge. ( I have a friend that is a blade/blacksmith, He put a nasty edge on the knife).

There are some things I would do differently. I would die everything at the same time. The harness is a little darker then the rest of it. I laid out the harness after the sheath and carrier was done. 

For my first complete custom design, I'm pretty happy with it. 

IMG_7233.JPG

IMG_7234.JPG

IMG_7248.JPG

IMG_7249.JPG

IMG_7290.JPG

IMG_7291.JPG

IMG_7293.JPG

IMG_7295.JPG

IMG_7296.JPG

IMG_7298.JPG

IMG_7299.JPG

IMG_7303.JPG

IMG_7304.JPG

IMG_7305.JPG

IMG_7322.JPG

IMG_7323.JPG

IMG_7324.JPG

IMG_7325.JPG

IMG_7326.JPG

IMG_7327.JPG

IMG_7328.JPG

IMG_7329.JPG

IMG_7330.JPG

Now that's a lot of work! Impressive

25 minutes ago, huttonbruce said:

Nice job! That's Cool!

Thanks

12 minutes ago, kiwican said:

Now that's a lot of work! Impressive

Thank you

Sir, could I PM you for the purposes of picking your brain?

1 hour ago, Bant said:

Sir, could I PM you for the purposes of picking your brain?

Sure, I'll help if I can. I've only been at this about a year.

Nice design. I really like the way you used the studs and snaps to attach the sheath to the "carrier". I'm not sure if that was your idea or how common that is, but I like the modular design. It gives you options without having to modify the sheath. I've got to try that some time.

Like...Conan the Barbarian and Daniel Boone collaborated on a sheath together, I imagine it'd be something like that. Really cool!

10 hours ago, TargetRockLeather said:

Nice design. I really like the way you used the studs and snaps to attach the sheath to the "carrier". I'm not sure if that was your idea or how common that is, but I like the modular design. It gives you options without having to modify the sheath. I've got to try that some time.

I'm sure I saw something somewhere that gave me the idea. 

Every good idea is usually a variation on someone else good idea. 

I wanted it to be stable and secure so there would no hindrance on the draw, I played with a couple of ideas, that seemed like the best one.

Thanks

9 hours ago, battlemunky said:

Like...Conan the Barbarian and Daniel Boone collaborated on a sheath together, I imagine it'd be something like that. Really cool!

Haha..... The customer was thinking more along the lines of Crocodile Dundee. I did tell him to go back and watch the movie because he draws the knife down and not up. 

Seems like the strap under the arm pit would be rather irritating after wearing it for an hour or so.  Maybe it should be lower?  But that would require a substantial redesign to be able to do that.  I have no experience with this, just know what it would do to me!

You work looks pretty good.  Keep it up!

Tom

The lacing look like it was alot of work.  But pretty cool in the end.    I've found when I self reflect after reviewing a project, it sticks with me to help me improve for my next go.  Well done!

23 hours ago, Northmount said:

Seems like the strap under the arm pit would be rather irritating after wearing it for an hour or so.  Maybe it should be lower?  But that would require a substantial redesign to be able to do that.  I have no experience with this, just know what it would do to me!

You work looks pretty good.  Keep it up!

Tom

My son wore it for the pictures. I adjusted it to him so it would fit snug. He said it was comfortable and there wasn't any restriction in his range of motion. I take you point, I wanted it stable and secure to keep the draw as smooth as possible.