I'm working on a pattern for billets for a rough out belts and have some questions.  How do I determine the correct length of billets to balance the belt.  Is there a ratio between the billet end and the buckle end.  

1537729883_roughoutbelt3.jpg.87af18af60d24123ba4a62e61ed7627c.jpg894439231_roughoutbelt2.jpg.6b97223327c32273d269703ff32df76b.jpg1317060739_Thumbroughoutbelt1.jpg.d8fc81ebf9fc766267948355c20095c1.jpg

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question. I just wanted to say that I have never seen a rough out belt and I really like it.

nick

Thanks, it's kind of cool.  It is a first for me so still trying to work some things out.  It just looks a little off maybe it will look better when I get a buckle on it.     

Looks pretty good, I don't know if there is any hard and fast rules.  What does it look like on?  

Your design looks really good, but for your next iteration, there are templates for a Ranger Belt in the Lucky 8 Belt Book. That would work for billet length.

Thanks for the tip.  I downloaded that e-book from Tandy .  

As Rockoboy said, . . . your teacher is the Ranger belt.

I first find out what kind of buckle will be worn on that belt, . . . then I work the two billets so that they will be back equal distance from the center of the buckle when the buckle is in the center hole of the belt. 

That makes the belt look right on the wearer in my opinion.

It should hold true for your design as well.

May God bless,

Dwight