Reader

Is this a pfaff 1243?

Could anyone confirm that this is a pfaff 1243 with roller presser ? I suppose it could be a 1244 twin needle 

pfaff 2.jpeg

I can see the roller foot flipped aside but cannot tell from the pic if it has a double needle but when I look at the Pfaff website the latest 1243 is a single needle machine with roller foot.

To me it looks to be a PFAFF 483.

Cheers 

Danishman

Yep  Pfaff 483.

glenn

9 hours ago, Constabulary said:

I can see the roller foot flipped aside but cannot tell from the pic if it has a double needle but when I look at the Pfaff website the latest 1243 is a single needle machine with roller foot.

Thank you for the feedback. 

I am hoping that this will be appropriate for light leather sewing and maybe belts and bags that are not too heavy. 

Well it turns out it is a Pfaff 441-R-755-03-900-51-BL. The owner used to sew shoe uppers on it, as well as belts. 

It has automatic thread cutting, I dont know then if it can be changed to back stitch a few stitches before it cuts the thread... 

I am uncertain whether I should buy it along with a Singer 29K71 I am going to buy from the person. 

Does it have reverse? I can't see a reverse lever, and I would think that you could disable/remove the thread cutter anyway.

I did not see a reverse lever. I had thought it may be able to reverse using the foot pedal... and at first when I asked the owner he said yes, then no, that pressing the heel down on the lever cuts the thread. He is 76 years old and despite using the machine didn't know much about what can be changed. 

i do not see a reverse lever. Be careful with these old QUICK or EFKA Motors - they great when running but a pain when they stop working. They are no longer supported AFAIK and if you can get support it may be very expensive. Also make sure the motor runs on the voltage you have at home. It is wheel feed machine for shoe uppers so make sure you can adjust the stitch length you need for your products. A lot of wheel feed machines have a rather short stitch length like 2 - 3.5mm.

Honestly - I would not buy it if you don´t want to sew shoe uppers.

Edited by Constabulary
Edited from m (meters) to mm (milimeters)

Just now, dikman said:

2 - 3.5 metres?:lol:

yes - its  a German machine - everything is bigger here  :lol: Even the idiots :whistle:

Edited by Constabulary

11 hours ago, Constabulary said:

i do not see a reverse lever. Be careful with these old QUICK or EFKA Motors - they great when running but a pain when they stop working. They are no longer supported AFAIK and if you can get support it may be very expensive. Also make sure the motor runs on the voltage you have at home. It is wheel feed machine for shoe uppers so make sure you can adjust the stitch length you need for your products. A lot of wheel feed machines have a rather short stitch length like 2 - 3.5mm.

Honestly - I would not buy it if you don´t want to sew shoe uppers.

Thank you for the feedback.

Yes it is for sewing uppers, and you can modify the stitch length. I will pass and forfeit deposit and keep looking