Hello,

I’m having such an annoying problem with my “JACK JK-513A” servo engine.

The engine is connected to my “JUKI DDL-8700”.

So here’s the issue: The engine won’t go any faster than 02 in speed... Even though the speed is set to 20-30. Everything worked fine just the other day. Today when I started to sew, I received an "E5 error" — after I solved the error, it seems like the machine won't sew any faster than 02.

Please check the following demonstration video by clicking the link: Demonstration video

Does anyone have an idea, of what I can do?

(Btw. thanks for letting me join the community)

W/o knowing details, so I guess you set the speed correctly (don`t know - video is too fuzzy and is not playing well on my end). So I would guess in the accelerator unit the lever with the magnet is not properly set. I guess it is too far back (away from the hall sensor). I guess you have to move it towards the hall sensor a little bit.

I only can guess... so I would recommend contacting College Sewing or the dealer you bought the motor from.

Edited by Constabulary

E5 indicates an error with the Hall sensor, how did you clear the error? Have you tried resetting to factory defaults?

@dikman @Constabulary So I've tried to reset to factory settings, without any luck — because the machine still didn't work correctly. When I reset to factory settings, the display shows "OK", meaning the reset was successfully done.

I wonder if it might have anything to do with the speed governor? It just seems very strange to me...

Here's the manual: http://en.chinajack.com/DownLoad/201706271100232.pdf

The manual is not exactly made for the same model, it seems (not sure tho).

Image of E5-error

Link to a demonstration video

I think with speed governor you mean what I called accelerator unit - the small squared box with the white plastic lid and the small lever on the outside. When you open it (3 screws)  you see a small black lever and I think it is too far away from the hall sensor - the small black thingy with 3 poles which is soldered on a  small green board. You probably have to play with the position of this black lever.

On 12/19/2019 at 1:21 PM, Constabulary said:

Just to put it straight - it was the black lever?

Yeah, exactly.