Here's a little something for my little sister for Christmas. She picked out a cute little knife (Toferner brand), about three inches long, which came with a leather sheath and cord so one can wear it like a necklace. I couldn't let the opportunity to upgrade the sheath pass, however...

I've never made a sheath before, so I traced the existing one and replicated it in shape. The original was a little crooked, so mine is too (ignore the stitch counts ;) ), but oh well. To set the labradorite I cut a hole completely through the leather, glued a ~1oz blue liner to the inside, and glued the stone in. The blue liner boosts the color of the translucent labradorite.

I'm pretty proud of this one!

2.thumb.jpg.6f78c3725043badf80be950731a55061.jpg

1.thumb.jpg.5c2f27bc1e8da18b42ed16acbd26dc59.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.9754312944f28c3f7bbfc915ef967efc.jpg

Ohh that is pretty :)

dis you put a welt in it?

That's awesome ! Love the blade too

Lovely work! The stone and the colors are a lovely design choice to match the knife. 

You have a good eye Heather. Quality.

That is nice. If I may, how is the stone attached? Trying to figure out how to implement that. Thanks in advance.

I made a precise cutout all the way through the leather, glued a piece of 1oz blue leather to the back of the piece over the hole I cut, and glued the stone to the backing leather. The hole keeps it pretty snug in the thicker leather.

Very nice.

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 6:17 AM, HeatherAthebyne said:

I made a precise cutout all the way through the leather, glued a piece of 1oz blue leather to the back of the piece over the hole I cut, and glued the stone to the backing leather. The hole keeps it pretty snug in the thicker leather.

Thanks.

Yep, worthy of proudness.  :yes:  

Somehow you managed to get the whole look-color, simplicity, shape with both the knife and sheath in harmony. It's really pleasing to look at.